17

A MONTH LATER

KANAK'S P.O.V

" Alright, everyone, good luck for your exam! Start writing, and if anyone has any cheats, please place them on my desk." Daksh said while the other professor proceeds to distribute question papers.

Daksh has lost his mind. Why would anyone bring cheats and willingly put them on his desk?

I glance over at my friends and give them a thumbs up.

"Professor, no one is going to put cheats on your desk voluntarily," I say loudly so he can hear me.

"Miss Kanak, if you have any cheats, go ahead and put them there. Best of luck, class," the professor responds, placing a question paper on my desk. I look towards the front where Daksh is standing, while our other teachers distribute the question papers.

He's just here to stand. But after a few minutes of observing everyone, Daksh leaves the class. I look to my side at the girls who were eyeing him biting her lips. Are they serious? He's got a kid, dude. Or she was waiting for him to go and take out cheats?

"Alright, class, let's begin. Do your best," the professor says, taking his seat.

I start writing my answers quickly because I also want to show my friends. After finishing one answer, I wait for them to finish, but they're taking forever.

"Done? ," I whisper, and they nod their heads.

I should finish this page first.

I immerse myself in my answer sheet, lowering my head.

"Only fifteen minutes left," I hear the professor's voice. My eyes widen, and I look at my friends, who give me a "done" look.

"Sorry," I mumble, binding my sheet.

I'm done with my paper.

I start showing them my answers while they quickly copy them. Suddenly, someone snatches my answer sheet.

"Miss Kanak, get out," Daksh says, writing something on my answer sheet. Don't write anything. The teacher will kill me.

"Go," he says a little sternly.

I give him my puppy eyes, which sometimes work. Well, they did when I wanted to eat pasta.

"Stand outside the class. I'll be there in a minute," he mumbles, looking at the other professor who is also in the class.

"Meet me in my office," he says to the professor then pulling me out of the class.

"Wait, it wasn't his fault. It's just that I'm really good at cheating," I say, but he smacks my head and glares at me.

" Two students got their exam cancelled they aren't allowed to sit in any of the upcoming exam this year you want the same for yourself? " He scolded harshly. He is dragging this matter now.

" Daksh, I know you wouldn't actually do that. "

" Kanak, I'm not talking about myself. You could have been the third one. And I didn't cancel any of the exams but authorities did ." His voice grew louder.

" Well, then I would have just taken the exam after a few years. It's not a big deal. " I replied, feeling a bit intimidated by his glare.

" Fine, I'm calling mom and telling her everything. " Daksh threatened, pulling out his phone, but I stopped him.

I still remember the last time mom visited the college. She had warned me clearly.

" I'm sorry, " I muttered, looking down.