6

" Hello " Daksh responded to his mother's call by gently setting Khushi down from his lap.

"If Kanak is at your house, please send her over here. She's grounded. She shouldn't be causing trouble and having fun," his mother demanded.

"Mom, relax. Kanak isn't at my place. How could she be, especially after you didn't hesitate to scold her in front of me earlier," Daksh retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Fine, just be prepared next time she causes trouble like this. I have my hands full with work at the hospital. I don't have time for this," his mother sighed.

"Mom, she's probably at Ayaan's place and she can stay there for the night if she wants," Daksh replied before ending the call.

He then dialled Ayaan's number, who picked it up right away.

"Where are you?" Daksh inquired.

"On my way. I'll be home in a minute," Ayaan replied.

"Ayaan, Kanak might be at your place. She might be in a bad mood," Daksh warned.

"Bad mood? Did you scold her? Don't scare her off, Daksh. I'll talk to her. Also, I'm bringing Rahul with me. Bye," Ayaan said before hanging up and rushing home with Rahul.

"What's going on?" Rahul asked.

"Kanak caused some trouble, so maybe Daksh scolded her. She's upset and staying at my place today. Let's go," Ayaan explained as they hurried home.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

KANAK'S P.O.V

I was lying on my stomach because my back hurts so bad. If you think a belt doesn't hurt, let me smack you with one. I'll do it happily. I don't even want to wear these jeans anymore. I just want to lay down and sleep. But I can only have a beer or my heaven after Ayaan arrives because I don't want him to catch me sleeping.

I hear the sound of the apartment door opening, but I don't bother to turn my head. After a minute, I feel Ayaan standing in front of me. Even though he wasn't present in Daksh's cabin, I'm still embarrassed. This damn thing hurts, and he'll find out soon enough.

"Hey little birdy, what are you doing here?" he asks. Just seeing him automatically makes my lips form a pout, which I quickly wipe off. How can I even do this creepy thing?

"Ayaan."

"What happened?"

"None of your concerns," I mumble and bury my head even more. But he pulls me, making me sit on his soft couch. But it still hurts. I immediately hiss and want to lay down again.

"What happened? What's hurting?" Ayaan asks. I can't tell him the whole truth.

"I fell on my butt today," I mumble, hiding my face with my hair. I hear someone opening the couch and making it look like a bed. Wait, is there someone else in the room too?

I look up immediately and find that annoying doctor again. He doesn't even look at me. He just grabs the TV remote and makes himself comfortable.

"Oh, is it hurting too much? If yes, then let me see if you have any injuries. But if you think the pain is bearable, let's have dinner together and then you can go to sleep."

I look at him with a weird look. Did he just say what he said in front of his rude friend? I want to die.

"Look, he fell down too, but he's fine," Ayaan says, pointing at his friend. He kicks him right in front of my eyes on his butt.

He's glaring at me angrily, but he's not hissing. Did you fall on a rough surface, Kanak? Do I need to check?" He asks again, shaking me. The movement makes me hiss again, and concern takes over his features.