5

"Don't create a scene here go to your house " Daksh said, his mother completely ignoring him. Her eyes were fixed on Kanak, who stood there indifferent to the situation.

"Kanak, do you have any regrets?" Her mother asked sternly.

Akansh held his wife's hand and shook his head.

"It's fine, they're just kids."

"Be quiet. This is all because of you. I warned her when she bullied a girl at school, causing the girl to change schools. And you supported her then too," Dakshita said, resting her hand on her husband's belt.

"I told you, Kanak. You were warned," his mother added. Daksh sat on a chair, holding his head, watching the drama unfold.

"Mom, she deserved it," Kanak argued.

"Oh, because she wasn't dressed like you? Why do you think so highly of yourself? Fine, you did the right thing. Let's see if you still think so after this," her mother said, taking the belt out of its loop.

Akansh held her hand firmly.

"What are you doing?"

"I warned her. If you can't handle it, leave," Dakshita said, turning to Kanak.

"You thought you were right, now I'm doing what I think is right. Lean down, rest your elbows on the table, and don't you dare move," her mother commanded. Kanak's eyes widened as she looked at her mother's hand and then into her eyes.

"Mom, I was just having fun. Dad, say something. I'm an adult. This can't be happening," Kanak protested, backing away slightly.

Akansh remained silent, knowing that saying anything would only worsen the situation.

"Daksh, say something," Kanak pleaded, looking at Daksh. Daksh looked at her in confusion.

"Did she just call me by my name?"

"So now he's Daksh? Are you going to call me by my name too? It's 'Daksh bhaiya' for you and Ayaan. None of you will address him by his name," Dakshita declared, folding the belt around her knuckles.

"Okay, Mom, but I'm an adult..."

Kanak was interrupted by the sharp sound of the belt hitting her denim jeans.

"MOM."

Daksh's eyes widened even further. He had not expected this at all. Before leaving Daksh and Ayaan in India, their mother had never used the belt on them, not to mention the way she used it on Kanak.

The last time Daksh had received a few smacks was because he scolded Roshni and Ayaan when they were playing together. Both of them were lacking proper clothes on their bodies, but they were too young to understand. Daksh himself was young at that time too. As a result, his dad had smacked him, but his mom had taken him out for a walk and explained the same thing to him in a very gentle manner.

Daksh blinked, snapping out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of leather again.

"Mom," Daksh called out.

"Keep sitting there with your mouth closed. Getting scolded by your dean wasn't enough," his mother said sternly.

Daksh sealed his lips and looked at his dad, who had a pained expression on his face as if he were the one getting smacked.

"Mom, can you please stop this now?" Kanak shouted.

"Stop?" his mother said, and with a swift motion, she pulled down her jeans.

Daksh immediately lowered his eyes, and his father clenched his fist and turned away.

"Now, let's try again. Do you want to say something, Kanak?" Dakshita said, and the leather touched her skin, causing Kanak to flinch.