11

Ayaan stepped into his mother's house, feeling the heavy atmosphere as he remembered the fight.

"Why did they have to start a fight when their daughter was suffering?" Ayaan muttered to himself as he walked further inside.

Entering the room, he saw Akansh ignoring Dakshita, who was tearfully speaking her mind.

"Stop your nonsense talking," Akansh snapped.

"Then stop blaming me for everything, Akansh. I did everything I could to keep her around. She was the one who insisted on staying home," Dakshita shouted back.

"Home? Was it even a home? Dakshita, no one lived there. You were at the hospital, I was at the company. If Kanak didn't like staying in the hospital, it's not her fault. If she didn't like that empty house, it's not her fault. I told you to take everyone," Akansh retorted, glaring at his wife.

"Are you mad? Daksh was in college mid-semester. He would have to start from the beginning because I didn't have enough money to make a donation like I did for Kanak. I had my reasons. I wanted to fulfill my dream. You know I was married at such a young age. I had some dreams. How can I crush everything? First, you got me pregnant with Daksh when my schooling wasn't even done. It wasn't my fault that my family married me at a young age (child marriage)," Dakshita explained.

"Now when everything is wrong, it's my fault. I did take care of them . Daksh was twenty when I left him. I told you I didn't want any gap between babies. I told you I didn't want a baby after Ayaan. Still because of your stupid mother she didn't let me have a baby till daksh was five because she didn't want to take care of any baby. Blame your mom and yourself, not me, I begged you to get done with babies" Dakshita continued, tears streaming down her face.

Akansh sighed heavily and pulled her closer to him.

"Diku, parents' lives don't exist after their kids..."

"I will burn down this house. My life was already hard enough with your mom. For God's sake, she made Roshni's life the same when she stayed there for a few days. Akansh, I wish I had enough courage to run away from your mother's house like Roshni did, but you know the difference? You wouldn't have run after me," Dakshita said, grabbing her pillow.

Ayaan quickly ducked behind the wall as his mother headed towards another room, clutching her pillow. "She's already upset, and I don't want to make it worse," Ayaan muttered to himself, glancing down at his feet. He quietly slipped out of the house and made his way to Daksh's apartment.

After ringing the doorbell, Ayaan patiently waited for a few minutes. Roshni opened the door with a wide smile on her face. "Papa!" Khushi, Roshni's daughter, exclaimed, reaching out to be held by Ayaan.

Ayaan happily picked up Khushi, and she pointed at the doorbell. With a smile, he pressed it again, causing Khushi to giggle. "Papa, go!" she said, pointing towards the elevator. However, Roshni pulled her back.

"No, let Ayaan come inside. What happened to you?" Roshni asked, touching his cheek.

"Can you pass Khushi to Daksh or put her down?" Ayaan asked quietly.

Roshni nodded and took Ayaan's hand, leading him to her room. She gently placed Khushi in bed next to Daksh. Before Daksh could say anything, Ayaan hugged Roshni tightly.

"I need a comforting hug, but yours isn't the one," Ayaan mumbled. Roshni looked confused, so he pointed his finger at Daksh, who was busy with some papers. "I want his hug, but tell him I'm upset. I'm not talking to him ever again. And if he cares even a little, he should bring Kanak here from Rahul's house," Ayaan said, breaking the hug.