24

Kanak eagerly waits outside Rahul's door. After a few minutes, she knocks and the door opens, revealing Rahul's mother.

"Mom," Kanak whispers, embracing Rahul's mother.

"I know you must be upset with me. But I promise my mom is good at heart. She just wants what's best for me, nothing else."

Rahul's mother chuckles and gently touches Kanak's cheeks.

"We understand, she was a bit harsh... Did you tell her about coming here?" Kanak nods in response to Rahul's mother's question.

"Mom said she's sorry for her behavior. Please understand my mom too. You don't know my grandma is quite a character she is such a bi.." Kanak stops and peeks inside.

"B******, I don't know what actually happened, but I can imagine from my parents argument," Kanak whispers. Rahul's mother nods in understanding and gestures towards Rahul's room.

"He hasn't left his room since last night. Go talk to him."

Kanak rushes to his room, knocks on the door, and enters to find it slightly ajar.

"Rahul," Kanak whispers, tiptoeing towards his bed. She sees his half-naked body and pretends to wipe drool before shaking him.

"Simi, we'll leave in a bit," Rahul mumbles sleepily, turning away.

Confused, Kanak shakes him again.

"Go tell mom. But let me sleep," Rahul whines, covering his head.

Kanak sighs, but a mischievous idea pops into her head. She slips under his blanket.

Rahul turns over once more. Kanak wraps her arm around his waist and rests her legs on his.

"Mom, SIMI WON'T LET ME SLEEP, SHE IS DISTURBING ME," Rahul yells, turning to Kanak without opening his eyes.

"Now you're not even scared. Did your midterms go that well? Seems like your new teacher is doing a great job," Rahul says, still half-asleep.

Kanak playfully bites his neck. Rahul starts twisting her ears, causing her to hiss. He opens his eyes fully and quickly lets go of Kanak's ear.

" I thought it was Simran. She can't see me sleeping. When she has to wake up early." Rahul mumbles and wraps his arm around her.

"Why did your mother insult us?" He whispered, his face covered with a frown. He pulled her face closer to his and gave her a suspicious look.

He slowly kissed her, a knowing look washing over his face. Then, he lowered his hand and a sharp sound of slapping was heard in the room.

Kanak pulled back from the kiss, hissing and rubbing her back while giving him a death glare.

"Ms. Kanak, I don't want to hear your excuses like being in a bad mood and needing a smoke," Rahul said, now giving her a death glare in return.

"I'm sorry on my mom's behalf. She's not a bad person. She's sorry. I can even call her, she'll talk to you. I'm here with her permission only. Instead of being happy, you're hitting me," she said as he pulled her close and closed his eyes.

"Let's take a nap. I have to go to Simi's school. You'll come with me, right?"

Kanak nodded and snuggled into his embrace. Rahul took Kanak's hand, which was still rubbing away the pain.

"It hurts," she whined. Rahul kissed her lips and placed her hand on his chest.

"You're naked."

"I'm wearing shorts, so just be quiet."