21

TWO YEARS LATER

Kanak sits in front of her mother taking her hand in her.

" Mom please i love him. I can't leave him. He loves me too. Why can't we get engaged? His mother is sick nowadays and she doesn't even want us to get married she just wants us to get engaged."

Kanak's mother frees her hand and glares at her.

" She just wants to make you dance on her fingers. I'm not getting you engaged or whatever to that man. This type of man just listen to their mother. They don't mind their wife well being. Your life will be miserable I can't do it with you. " Her mother said and look at her side where Akansh was sitting looking at Dakshita already.

"Get admission into business college for further study . You will be managing my overseas business. You aren't going to live here. I will send you abroad for further study. " Her mother said and stand up ready to leave. But Akansh hold her hand.

" Kanak take my card go for shopping. Me and your mother will talk about this topic. " Akansh said Dakshita jerk his hand away.

" I dare you. I will not get you engaged. Kanak don't test my limit. Trust me your life will be hell. You don't want that life right? " Dakshita eyes filled with tears as she speak all of these.

" He will not stop his mom even if she beat you. He will not give you food if your mother deny you. He will never take your side. He will let your mother burn your hand please listen to me. I know what's good for you. "

Kanak eyes widen hearing all of these. She look at his dad from side who was looking down. Kanak knows their parents aren't in good term but she never know why.

" Mom i will marry him only. I love him. " Kanak mumble she meet with unexpected slap from her mother.

Before she can react another one fall on other cheek.

She look at her mother shocked. Akansh immediately stand in front of Dakshita holding her hands.

" Kanak go to garden. We will talk later. " He said kanak still stand there looking at them.

" Beta go I will talk to you later. I promise your mother will agree. " He said kanak take step back slowly and run out of the house. Tears keep making it's way out of her eyes.

Akansh slowly take Dakshita in his arms rubbing her back.

" Why are you behaving like this with our kanak. Your all anger should be directed to me not her. Let her be happy in her life. " Akansh said but Dakshita was already lost in her past memories.

______

Dakshita was working in the kitchen silently.

She put the milk bowl on the side and was about to leave the kitchen but she was met with a slap

She look at her mother-in-law putting one palm of her cheeks.

" Why are you glaring at me. Why didn't you wash the clothes . My son is wearing drity clothes today. Didn't you know you have to do it. " Her mother in law said and start pulling her to bathroom by her hair.

" Wash these all. " She shouted and went in room mumbling something.

Dakshita look at pile of clothes.

She started her work. By the afternoon she completed her work and went to her room for resting.

After few minutes Akansh enter in room and started taking off his kurta.