Chapter 7 - I finally see you

Some time had passed. Because Michiyo had proven herself useful in her own way, Hajun was okay with her staying at their place. The weather was terrible to send anyone out anyway and Hajun wanted to do a perfect send off for Michiyo because he thought she deserved such thing since she's a good girl. It was the least BAE could do for her since she's taking care of their three meals and even snacks.

She's close enough to call them all by given names because Allen's embarrassed being called 'Onii-san'. 

"Hah...I'm done...I'm beat." She felt a little tired. Maybe she should treat herself to a snack. Michiyo looked out of the window. She touched the glass as she looked at the cloudy sky. She should be happy she's outside of prison. She should be happy there's no rules holding her back. Yet, deep in her heart, she missed Mikoshiba and everyone else. She never got the chance to say goodbye to Inukai who was nice to her and took good care of her the whole time. She missed Shion's voice. She missed the way Ryoga pat her on the head, but most of all- 

"Michi, are you okay?" Allen noticed it from time to time when he look her way. When Michiyo's not doing anything in particular, she will look out the window in a longing way and she's been sighing a lot and feeling a little tired lately. Was it wrong for him and Anne to skip out on chores and have her do it? It's as if she's waiting for something but when Hajun or Anne ask her about it, she will always say it's nothing. Even now when Allen's asking, she still will certainly insist she's okay.

"I-" 

"You're going to say you're okay again, right? if you're not okay, you should say so." 

"Hmm..." Michiyo decided to sit at the tea table with Allen. She's not one bit annoyed with the balls of scrunched up paper on the floor he's now accumulating. She picked one up and she smiled fondly at it because it made her remember Mikoshiba's verse. She wondered how their song was going? The Opening Show was close.

Allen noticed her fond smile and he smiled too. "I'm perfecting the lyrics for our song for the Opening Show." 

"Paradox Live?" She asked. 

"Eh? How did you know?" 

"Oh, um! The people at the children's home mentioned it so..." 

"Ah, I see!" 

Michiyo picked up one of the scrunched up balls of paper. "Seeing Allen work so hard is amazing." 

"Ahaha...being complimented is a bit..." He's feeling a little shy at her compliment. He distracted himself as he looked through his phone to see all the units who will be there at the Opening Show.

"I don't know anything about music. I only know how to listen. The people around me write their lyrics just like you. They don't have the best equipments to make music but they make do with what they have." Michiyo smiled because she's thinking about the four of them practice. "I don't know if it's good or bad but I love watching them rap. Whenever I give them their food and make them tea, I feel happy for them because they always work up an appetite." When she said that, Allen swore he could see Buddha's light shining from her.  

"You make them food and tea after they practice?! Are you sure you did not descend from heaven?!" Anne overheard what they were talking about! Anne threw their bag onto the sofa and squeezed in between Allen and Michiyo. Anne hugged Michiyo and pressed their cheek against Michiyo's cheek. "Michiiiiii~! You're such a sweet little thing! Stay here from now on. I will take care of you."

"Muh..." Michiyo liked hugs from Anne because she felt safe with Anne.

"Why is the person who can't even take of themselves confidently saying they will take care of others? Please stop making jokes that will actually make me laugh." Hajun sat down on the sofa as he dissed Anne without holding back. "And you just want Michi to stay so you can escape doing your share of the chores."