Chapter 24 - A ticking time bomb waiting to explode

"Satsuki, why am I here?" Michiyo asked, confused why she's here. "I'd rather stay home and play video games."

"I know you do and I am so sorry! It can't be helped! Hokusai and Reo went to hang out with Shiki right after school. I promised Aniki to watch you but at the same time I forgot I had a shift here. I can't be at two places at the same time so if I take you with me, I can work AND watch over you~!" What Satsuki said could have been correct...if the place in question was a place appropriate for a fifteen year old girl to be!

That very place was CANDY, a hostess cabaret club owned by Akanyatsura's Suiseki Iori. It's a lively hostess club where customer's king. Since it's a hostess club, it's popular with men and all the hostesses were very good at their job when it came to making sure customers come in happy and leave feeling extra happy.

"That is clever!" Michiyo thought Satsuki was smart! "You killed two birds with one stone!" 

"Right?!" Neither of them could see what's wrong with the situation! "You don't need to do anything, Michiyo-chan, you just stay here and look cute." 

"How do you 'look cute'?" Michiyo was confused with what he's asking her to do.

"Kahh...! That question alone is already cute! Just be as you are! Ah! That table needs a waiter! I need to go! Don't go anywhere!" 'It's dangerous! I still can't look at Michiyo-chan in the eyes...!' The poor guy had to look anywhere but her eyes. In his point of view, Michiyo's very cute and he couldn't look at her face properly or he will stutter all over the place. 

Michiyo stayed at the bar area. She's drinking a coke float and she's listening to the music being played, she thought it was catchy. She wondered how long Satsuki's shift will be because she wanted to go home and play video game. 'Shibaken is going to be angry; I was supposed to log in and give him his claymore back.' Michiyo thought to herself. 

"Oh~! Aren't you a small bean?! Will you keep onii-san company?" A middle aged man in a business suit asked Michiyo, his world was shaking here and there because he was partially drunk after drinking with a hostess back at his table.

"Eh? Onii-san? Aren't you a bit too old to be an onii-san? You're more like an ojii-san no matter where I look." Michiyo was confused why the middle aged man was talking to her when there's a lot of pretty hostesses walking around.

"Oh, you know how to jest! Can you hold your drink?" 

Michiyo held her coke float close to her! "I won't share my coke float."

"Argh! Dear customer! This one here isn't a hostess! Please go over there and choose another hostess...!" Satsuki was literally gone for a minute and already there's a problem here! He didn't think Michiyo will be bothered by a customer! 

"Hah?! I came all the way here to be served and you tell me I can't have this one?!" And to make matters worse, this customer was one of the regulars! Satsuki did not want to cause a dent in Iori's business by losing a regular!

"Hey, sir? You can't select her." Part-time waiter for the night, Allen was here to try and diffuse the situation. "She's too young for you." Allen was just saying it as he saw it; Michiyo was way too young for the customer! The customer could pass off as her dad! That's how far the age gap between them was! 

"Hah?! Are you saying implying old?!"

"The waiter can't imply you are old when truth is written all over your face, old man." Hajun put down a wad of cash on the table, "If I select her, you can't select her~, right?"

"Why you-! Don't mess with me-"  

"Dear customer~, wouldn't you rather spend time with me instead?" Coming in for the rescue, Anne Faulkner swooped right in and they hugged the customer's arm! "You didn't come here for me? I'm sad..."