Chapter 26 - You're not a successful experiment

"Reo, we need to tell her it's not the truth." Satsuki asked Reo while walking back from school along with Hokusai and Shiki. 

"Do you want her to go back to GokuLuck?! If she knows she's no longer needed there, she will naturally stay with us. We can't lose Michiyo-chan now that we have her." 

"Still..." Satsuki didn't feel comfortable with any of this. He didn't like seeing Michiyo upset. When Michiyo walked back to their residence with silent tears streaming down her face, Satsuki felt terrible that he couldn't sleep properly. Like Reo, he wanted Michiyo to choose to stay with them too but he didn't want her to be upset. If she were to stay with them, he wanted her to smile at her best like she used to. "I don't feel good lying to her like that. I want Michiyo-chan to choose to live with us without her being upset. I don't like seeing her sad." 

"Why are you making it sound like I am the bad guy here?" Reo didn't like to see Michiyo upset too. He didn't think Michiyo would be that upset to the point of crying. 

"Shiki, is Michiyo-chan going to the jazz bar tonight?" Hokusai asked Shiki.

"Owner mentioned about her coming over tomorrow instead. She was looking forward to today. Whenever she mentions this Shibaken person, she smiles the happiest." Even Shiki knew how much this day meant to Michiyo. He's not able to see it but he could tell Michiyo must be upset. "Um, if-if you don't mind me saying this..." 

"Yes?" Hokusai gently asked. 

"I-I think it's wrong to deliberately make her upset." Shiki spoke up; just because he couldn't see it didn't mean he couldn't read the mood and tell what's going on. "If Michiyo-san is upset because of something you did, you need to clear things with her. She is a kind and gentle person. I don't want to see someone as kind as her cry over a misunderstanding."

"But that's because Shiki doesn't understand our point of view!" Reo didn't like how Satsuki and Shiki made it sound like he did what he did on purpose! He's just doing this for the group! He did nothing wrong!

"Beep, beep, beeeeee~eeep! I found gloomy-gloomy Shiki~!" Ryu went out to play and he found Shiki coming home from after school. "Finished school~?" 

"Ryu-kun, hello." Shiki was glad Ryu's here. Maybe the conversation could have a slightly better turn now that the other's here. "Shall we go home together?"

"Ryu~." Hokusai was happy to see Ryu and see he was well. 

"Fuu-chan is here too~! Yippee, yippee~ hoy~! Hmm~?" Ryu looked at Reo and Satsuki and he sniffed them like a dog. "You..." He stared at Satsuki, his pointers going round and round in small circle, "If I were you, I'd stay away from Micchi. If it grows any bigger, you're going to be defeated. You should keep your good luck charm with you." 

"Hah? Michyo-chan will defeat me? Her? That's not gonna happen~!" Satsuki laughed at Ryu's words. 

"Micchi is stronger than she looks. Once fear consumes her and she can no longer see light, she will kill those around her." 

"Ryu-kun?!" Shiki tugged at Ryu's jacket, "You shouldn't say that! If Michiyo-san hear you say that about her, she will be sad!"

"Eh~? Really~? Ryu-kun is just saving them." 

Shiki had to bow and apologize on behalf of Ryu. 'Why did Ryu-kun say it like he was warning Reo-kun and Satsuki-kun?' He thought to himself as they part ways from the part time students.

"Hokusai~!!! Say something!" Reo was feeling bad just like Satsuki but he wanted Hokusai to comfort him.

"Reo, Saki-chan isn't dating Shibaken." Hokusai said to Reo. He was gentle in tone but you could hear some firmness in his voice; he did not like the lie.