Chapter 27 - Michiyo, what do you want?

"Michiyo! Michiyo, wake up! Oi!" Shaking her didn't do any good so he slapped her once, hard enough to leave his hand print on her. When they first met, she was like that, wasn't she? Giving up on standing up and was allowing herself to give up on everything when she thought she fought enough. "You're not giving up- I didn't give you permission to! Fucking get up! You're not supposed to give up! You're supposed to live and grow flowers in your brain! Get up!" 

He kept shouting for her but she remained still in his hold.

"Shibaken!" Ryoga found Mikoshiba! "Oi! He's here!" 

The next thing Mikoshiba knew, Shion, Hancho, and Ryoga all came into Michiyo's bedroom. "W-why did you all come in?" 

"Hah? To get Michiyo out. Are you stupid?" Hancho thought it was stupid of Mikoshiba to ask such thing. 

"You figured out the fog?" Mikoshiba couldn't believe they just ran in without caring what the fog was capable of. He only came in because he worked it out.

"Oh this? What about it?" Shion asked. 

"Amazing...haha...you three ran in here without figuring shit out. Of fucking course." Mikoshiba thought it was funny. "She's going to be happy if she could see the four of us." 

Hancho got down and he held her head still. He looked at her eyes to see it was lifeless. He pressed his ear against her chest and he could hear a slow but calm heartbeat. "Carry her out." Hancho looked at Ryoga and the other understood immediately.

When Ryoga carried Michiyo, they moved out of the bedroom- 

"Stop. Something's wrong." Shion could see something on Michiyo's back. Something on her back was glowing from under her clothes. "What's that...?"

"Follow me." While searching for Mikoshiba and Michiyo, Hancho went into Satsuki's room and he saw Satsuki's Phantometal, which was a golden butterfly knife. Hancho grabbed the knife and they moved to a bigger room, which was the living room. Hancho turned Michiyo to the side and he used Satsuki's knife to cut open Michiyo's dress.

It was as if there's a pair of wings tattooed onto her back. The wings tattoo on her back was glowing and the tone of the purple was just like the fog. Michiyo's definitely the cause of the fog. The light of the glow will come and go.

Mikoshiba touched her back with his fingertips. Was it always there? 

"Is this what's causing the fog?" Shion asked.

Mikoshiba paced around the living room, trying to think. Only those holding Phantometal on their person will be spared from Trap Reaction and Metal Erosion. Phantometals nullify her powers...

"...!" Mikoshiba licked part of the long chain around his collar, activating his own Phantometal. He sat Michiyo up again and he kissed her on the lips. 

"Uwoah-?!" Ryoga blushed because he didn't expect that! 

"Oh my~! Shibaken, I know you miss her, but wow~." Shion chuckled and he took a took a picture of the moment.

"Time and place, you fucking brat!" Hancho snapped at Mikoshiba but the other ignored him.

It's not like they could cut her open and kiss the metal in her heart so this will have to do.

The wing-like mark on her back glowed brightly and a purple light surrounded the whole room...

When Mikoshiba opened his eyes, he was no longer holding Michiyo to him. He was outside the front door of an apartment that had messy splash of red decorating the front. There was trash, dead rats on the floor, a dead cat with maggots eating its way out of the eye socket, and feces swiped messily on the wall. Mikoshiba guessed this was the work of the loan sharks when people who borrowed money from them unable to pay on time. He was about to leave but when he heard a 'ding' noise from the left, he could see Michiyo in a school uniform leaving the elevator. "Michiyo!" He ran towards her but when he reached his hand out to her, he went through her. "Michiyo...? Ah...I see. This is your memory before you went to prison."