Chapter 20 - They know what she can do

Michiyo was watching GokuLuck practice their new song in a dance studio Machiko rented out for them. Machiko couldn't be here to watch them but she's doing what she could to give them her support; it's the least Machiko could do since Inukai was kind enough to send her a picture of Michiyo wearing a bunny rabbit onesie.

Michiyo was watching with a smile on her face as she recorded them with her phone. She couldn't wait to see this on the actual day! She's excited knowing she could see Phantom Live in action. 

Today, the group was practicing with their illusions. After all, the real deal was coming close and they're planning to go all in with their new song, Fight For Liberty.

When the song was over, Michiyo stopped recording. "That was amazing! The chorus is amazing! Ah, lunch and drink!" 

Hancho took his lunch from her and he said he's going to the smoking lounge, to which Ryoga and Shion joined him. Mikoshiba was told to stay here for the obvious fact he's a minor and someone need to keep an eye on Michiyo. 

"Knowing you, Flowers for brain, I bet you fangirled hard for Inukai or Shion's part. Or did Ryoga-chan's verse resonate something with you like it did for STRONGER?" 

"Actually I liked your verse the most." When Michiyo said that, Mikoshiba choked on his food! He pounded his chest a couple of times before drinking tea to get it all down his system! "Are you okay?" 

"Why did you surprise me all of a sudden?! Don't fucking do that, idiot!" 

"Eh~? But you're the one who asked..." Michiyo opened her bentou box and she ate her lunch by his side. "You always say you guys don't work in a team but during a live, you all work well together."

"We're not friends or anything. We just happen to share one goal. People work well when they're aiming for the same thing. We don't have to be friends to work well together." 

"Hm. Still, I like seeing how you're all having fun on stage." 

"Do I now?"

"Yeah~! Fight For Liberty is a good song." 

"Of course it is! Stop stating the obvious." 

"Shibaken is amazing."

"I know I am. Again, don't state the obvious, stupid. Flattering me isn't going to make things go smoothly for you." So he says, but he offered her a mint, "Want one?" 

"I do~."

Seeing her look so happy over the smallest things, it irritated him a little; she should desire more things like a normal person and expect for more to the point people will call her out for being selfish. Still, he didn't hate that about her because he knew it wouldn't be Michiyo if she's not like this. "You're going to watch us on the actual day, right?" 

"Yep!" 

"Stand somewhere where I can definitely see you." 

"I will be at the front. I want to be able to see you all."

"Also..." He looked at her and he watched her turn her head to look at him, "don't look at other people the same way you look at me. That look belongs to me." 

"Eh?" Apparently 'Eh?' wasn't the right answer because Mikoshiba pinched her cheek and pulled it. "Hee...?! Why?! Okay! Okay! I get it!" 

"Good. Next time you give me a wrong answer, I will pinch you."

"You pinch me no matter what anyway?!"

If only Mikoshiba and Michiyo looked out the window and looked down because they would have seen Yatonokami Kanata sitting there and listening in on their conversation. Kanata had been tailing them for the past few days since Iori asked him to do so. Next to him was a random guy who was using Dirtmetal in the Phantom Live scene and making a name in the world of Hip hop. Kanata knew the guy was hiding marks of Metal Erosion under his sleeves so Kanata brought him close to Michiyo's vicinity as close as possible to see how Michiyo will affected him. Kanata didn't believe in the young girl's ability at first but after seeing the rusted marks disappear from the metal users, he had to admit Iori was right; the closer Michiyo was to someone with Metal Erosion, the quicker it disappear. 'If anything happen to Nayuta, I can just...' Kanata could see why Iori wanted the young girl with GokuLuck.