Chapter 13 - W-why did you say it like that?!

Even though someone was able to provide female essentials for Michiyo, the prisoners and their prison guard were not out of the red when it came to their finances for their daily life of living together. No matter how Inukai tried to save up here and there, they were barely surviving. Inukai tried to ask for an increase in living expenses but the warden either ignored him or keep making up bullshit excuses as to why he could not increase the living expenses. That being said, the warden DID compromise somewhat; living expenses could be earned if shop owners did not mind taking on part timers at a negotiated price and knowing the others were prisoners. It will not be counted as community service as they were working for their living expenses so they will have to participate in community services when it came up for them. 

Inukai wondered how Ryoga was doing at the motor vehicle repair shop nearby. He should be okay on his own there, right? After all, it's full of motorbikes and he liked that. He should be oka- "Tosa-kun, why are you throttling the owner?!" 

Poor Inukai had to say sorry for Ryoga. Ryoga's pay was laughable at best. You couldn't even call it a payment! "Can't even buy cigarettes with this!" He threw the change to the floor! What an insult!

Inukai scrambled to pick up the change! "Tosa-kun, don't do that!" 

"I didn't do anything wrong! He kept calling me names! He was asking for an ass kicking!"

"Tosa-kun..." When in front of Inukai, the owner acted proper but the moment Inukai was away, the owner of the shop started belittling Ryoga and making fun of him. heavy lifting wasn't a problem for Ryoga but when the owner encouraged the other workers to trip him and give him attitude, Ryoga decided the last straw was done when the owner tried to confiscate his cigarettes. Inukai didn't blame him and he believed Ryoga's side of the story...he just reminded Ryoga to try and hold it in until he came back to check.

"I wonder how Kaida-kun is doing?"

"Where did you send him? A bar?" Ryoga could imagine Shion working in a bar. 

Where the prisoners were part-timing, they're all decided and planned by Inukai. As useless as Inukai seemed, Inukai took a lot of time and care to arrange the prisoners to work at the designated places. Inukai took their interests and hobby into consideration and how much talking was required. Inukai will not send them somewhere to suffer.

"No way. Café. It's a healthier environment for Kaida-kun." Opening the door to the café Shion was part-timing in, Inukai expected Shion to either make coffee or act as a cashier. Shion was doing neither. 

"You're such a cutie. How about we go from a coffee break to a more pleasurable break instead~?" Shion was flirting with the female owner!

"Kaida-kun, no! And I thought the owner has a husband?!" 

"She does but what does it matter? A married woman is still a woman~." To Shion, it didn't matter if a woman was married or not because if the marriage was a happy marriage, they would reject his advances.

"No! You shouldn't do that!"

Inukai did not want any family drama so he apologized and took Shion with him. Shion did get paid more than Ryoga did. Shion even got the shop owner's phone number on a card but Inukai confiscated it.

"At least she was nice about it. I think if we slept with one another, I would have got dinner sorted out~" Shion was having a smoke as he walked with Inukai and Ryoga.

"We're not in that bad of a position you need to sell your body to put food onto the table, Kaida-kun. I won't let that happen anyway." 

"Hmm...It's fine. It's something I enjoy after all~. Then? Enough about me, where did you send Shibaken and Michiyo-chan?"