Chapter 16 - red paint

Ino sat awkwardly in the car next to Kokonoi, "well this is awkward" she sighed out unconsciously looking out the window, "sorry about that" Kokonoi apologised, "no um I didn't mean to..." She quickly turned to face him, "no it's alright I deserve it" Kokonoi dryly chuckled, "I'm sorry to"  She apologized also, "let's just forget about it" Kokonoi suggested, "right" Ino said.

"Tch I'll get my revenge, one way or another... in fact why not today" Miwa complained, she was on a mission to kidnap and kill one of the son's of Bonten's former business partners and get rid of traitors, "ma'am we've tracked him down" one of her men alerted her snapping her out of her thoughts, "alright I'll distract the rest of you disarm" she clearly gave orders coming out of her car.

"Why are there piles of paperwork on my desk!" Kokonoi sighed out in frustration, "maybe because Sanzu left his on yours when he went out" Takeomi explained from across the hall, "that bastard" Kokonoi said annoyed, "why don't you take a sit and watch some TV we can go out later as soon as I'm done" Kokonoi said to Ino who just nodded and sat down.

A few minutes in and Ino was already asleep, "guess she didn't get enough sleep yesterday" Kokonoi chuckled gently putting a blanket over her, "thank you" Ino said sleepily, "your welcome" Kokonoi smiled heading back to his paperwork.

Three hours later Ino woke up, she looked around and saw Kokonoi fully concentrated on his work, "are you awake?" Kokonoi asked eyes still on his laptop, "yes, good afternoon, do you need help?" She offered, "no it's fine, why don't you get me a coffee instead, there's a machine down the hall" Kokonoi suggested finally looking up, "alright I will" she said quickly getting up to leave the office.

On her way to the machine she happened to see Sanzu and Ran talking about something, "Mr Sanzu are you alright? You're covered in blood!" Ino panicked, "don't worry it's not my blood" Sanzu explained, "so who's blood is it?" Ino questioned looking confused, "it's chicken blood" Ran hastily interceded, "chicken blood?" She repeated "yes, you see we went to the butcher because we were craving chicken but one of them went out of control when they tried to slit the throat and ended bleeding all over Sanzu" Ran convincingly lied, "so where's the chicken?" Ino asked, "at home in the freezer" Sanzu answered, "well okay as long as you didn't get hurt" she said slightly convinced.

"I'll be going now" Ino said walking away, "really chicken blood?" Sanzu questioned Ran who just shrugged, "send some of your men to buy chicken" Ran said to Sanzu before walking away, "and go clean yourself up" he added.

Ino made it to the machine where Takeomi and Mochi where talking over a cup of coffee, "good afternoon" she greeted, "afternoon" they greeted back with a warm smile, "how's Koko doing? He's been flooded with alot of work these past few days" Mochi asked, "well he's working really hard" Ino answered while making his coffee, "coming to the office must be pretty boring huh?" Takeomi questioned, "not at all it's nice and peaceful here" Ino smiled, "well that's good to know" Rindou said coming out of his office.

"Anyway I'll be going now bye" Ino waved before heading back to Kokonoi's office.
"I'm back with the coffee" Ino announced opening the door, "welcome back" Kokonoi greeted with a warm smile, "are you sure I can't help in anyway?" Ino asked full of determination, "okay how about you sit down here" Kokonoi said patting his lap, are you sure that's helping?" Ino questioned, "yes of course it will keep me awake better than any coffee" he answered with a grin.

"Alright" Ino said shyly and slowly sitting down, "there we go" Kokonoi said readjusting himself to work on his laptop, "are you comfortable?" He asked once he noticed her ears heating up, "yes I'm fine" she answered quickly, after a few minutes she calmed down and began to watch Kokonoi do his work, although she couldn't understand anything since it was mostly figures.