Chapter 41 - Caribbean arc (nightclub)

Ino sat at the dining table happily eating her breakfast, Rindou walked into the room looking happier than usual, "good morning sweetheart" he said to Ino, "morning Rindou" she greeted back cheerily, "you seem happy" he smiled sitting next to her, "you too" she returned the gesture, "well I found out about this super lit nightclub so I was thinking we should go together" Rindou explained.

Ino seemed to think for a while, "it's been quite sometime since I went there... Alright let's go but you won't leave me alone right?" Ino questioned still a bit skeptical, "of course I wouldn't leave you and I'm sure the others would be more than happy to tag along" Rindou reassured, "tag along to where?" Mochi asked as he entered the room with Kakucho, "a nightclub" Rindou explained shortly, "sounds fun" Mochi nodded settling on a chair, "I'll tag along to watch over Ino" Kakucho said walking to the kitchen.

"You're talking as if I can't look after her" Rindou scoffed, "what if you get drunk?" Kakucho raised a brow, "I won't get that drunk" Rindou said defensively, Ino just sat quietly watching the interaction between the two, "are you sure? You can get very reckless and the last thing I would want is Ino getting caught up in your bullshit" Kakucho pressed as Rindou started to feel annoyed, he slammed his hands on the table startling Ino before he got up "I'm more than capable of looking after Ino don't treat me like a child" he spat walking out, "Kakucho that wasn't really necessary" Ino sighed as she went after Rindou.

"Why'd you do that?" Mochi questioned, "I didn't do anything though" Kakucho shrugged "I was just spitting facts, he's the one overreacting" he attempted to leave the kitchen before Mikey entered, "Kakucho" Mikey called out stopping the ravenette in his tracks, "I brought Ino on this trip to enjoy herself and I don't care if you and Rindou want to throw hands but make sure it doesn't interfere with her experience here" he said sternly, "I understand" Kakucho said walking out.

Ino went after Rindou, he was standing in front of the house watching the waves in the cool breeze, "Rindou are you alright?" She questioned tugging lightly on the hem of his shirt, "do you feel safe with me?" Rindou asked out of nowhere catching Ino of gaurd, "wha? Of course I do" she answered, "are you sure because Kakucho was talking as if he noticed something" Rindou sighed, "I'm sure he just woke up a little grumpy" Ino said, "yeah right" Rindou relaxed a bit.

"Ino let's go!" Kakucho called out from the door, "where are you going?" Rindou asked, "into town for some souvenirs" Ino flashed him a smile before walking away, "we'll talk later" she waved at him.
"Are you ready to go?" Kakucho asked Ino sweetly as he made eye contact with Rindou who scoffed, "sure let's go" Ino smiled and walked away with him.

Rindou stood there and watched them as Mikey came out to talk to him, "Rindou I trust you won't do anything foolish in front of Ino" Mikey said in his usual monotone, Rindou simply nodded and Mikey walked away leaving him alone again.

When Ino got into the car with Kakucho he drove them to a nearby mall, "Kakucho did you and Rindou fight?" Ino questioned cutting through the silence, Kakucho sighed "we just had a little dispute it's nothing to worry about" he said parking the car, Ino wasn't really convinced but she let it go anyway.

Getting down from the car the two entered and did some shopping side by side, Ino ended up picking gifts and souvenirs for everyone back in Japan, she got shirts, palms, charm bracelets and other things "is that all? You didn't even buy something for yourself" Kakucho said, "yes I'm satisfied with all of this" she nodded "why don't we get lunch before heading back" he suggested, Ino looked around and saw a local cuisine restaurant, "how about we try there" she pointed out, "sure looks good" Kakucho nodded as he took her hand in his.

The two entered the not so busy restaurant and immediately went to sit at the window table, "good afternoon what can I get you two?" A waitress asked in English, "we'll just take the specials" Kakucho replied, the woman simply nodded and went to get their orders.