Chapter 36 - jealous

"Hey do you ever get jealous?" Omitsu asked Ino as they ate lunch in a cafe not too far from Bonten's office, "not necessarily" Ino answered after swallowing, "well I'm sure you will one day" Omitsu smiled at her, just then a gorgeous woman passed by their table effortlessly grabbing their attention, "woah who's that?" Omitsu cooed as she perked up, "she's really pretty" Ino commented.

After their lunch Omitsu dropped Ino off at the office before driving off "bye girl" Ino waved off, but when she entered the building she could hear everyone whisper, definitely gossiping about something or someone, ignoring them she made her way to the private elevator.

When the doors opened she went straight to Kokonoi's office to ask him if something was going on but when she entered no one was there, "hello Miss Yutero" Rentoru greeted when he saw Ino, "oh hello Rentoru, have you seen Kokonoi?" Ino questioned, "I believe he's in the parlor with the other executives" he said, "do you want me to escort you there?" He offered, "sure why not" Ino smiled softly as they began to walk side by side.

Rentoru led the way as they had a small conversation, when they got closer to the parlor the sound of faint laughs and talking could be heard, Ino for whatever reason stopped and poked her head from the side to spy and eavesdrop on what was going on, and the first thing she could notice was that the beautiful woman from the cafe was there.

"It's nice to see you again" Kokonoi said cheerfully, "oh thanks Hajime" she laughed softly as Ino gasped she had NEVER seen anyone call Koko by his first name not even Mikey, who was this woman? "So why did you feel the need to surprise us with a visit" Ran said flirtatiously as Ino felt her chest tighten, "oh nothing I just wanted to check in on my favorite guys" she smiled as they all smiled bach even Mikey looking at her softly.

"Miss Yutero" Rentoru gently tapped Ino when he noticed she was no longer moving, "oh sorry" Ino said straightening her posture as she stood upright, "are you alright?" He asked when he sensed the complete change in her mood, "I'm fine do you think you can escort me home?" Ino said trying to force a smile, "of course, if that's what you want" he nodded.

Ino and Rentoru took a cab back home and when they arrived Ino opened the door with her key card, "come in" she said to Rentoru who looked hesitant, "thank you for letting me in" he said taking of his shoes as they sat in the living room, "it's no problem" Ino smiled at him, "Miss Yutero I don't mean to pry... but are you jealous?" he questioned taking her of gaurd.

"Well it was nice seeing you guys" the woman waved, "alright sorry we can't make it to your wedding" Kakucho said as he opened her car door for her, "it's alright Kaku maybe when I come back you'll introduce me to that girl that has all of you wrapped around her fingers" she said before driving off.

"Has anyone seen Ino?" Takeomi asked, "I thought she was with one of you" Sanzu said sitting up, "I'll just call" Ran said, after two attempts of calling and her not picking they started to get worried, "I'll call Omitsu instead" Kakucho said before walking out of the room.

"She said she dropped her off at the office, so I went to ask the security and they said she was here but she left not to long after with Rentoru" Kakucho said walking in, "wait why would she leave with him without telling us, "the tracker says she's at home" Kokonoi sighed, "well atleast we know she's safe let's finish working then we can go home and ask her what happened" Rindou said standing up.

"Jealous? I'm jealous?" Ino asked herself as she started to blush from embarrassment, "it's alright Miss Yutero, it's very normal" Rentoru said trying to lighten the mood but Ino didn't say anything, "listen the Executives will be here at any moment what are you going to tell them?" He asked, "what do you mean?" She tilted her head slightly, "you left the office without informing any of them, they'll definitely have questions" he explained, "oh I didn't think of that, what should I do?" She questioned, "to be honest, just be honest with how you feel" Rentoru shrugged.