Chapter 29 - drugs

Ino sat in the car with the Haitani brothers, Takeomi and Kokonoi, all of them had noticed the shift in her mood especially when they mentioned the hospital, "are you alright?" Ran asked breaking the uncomfortable silence, "y-yes I'm fine" Ino answered snapping out of her thoughts, "you've been lost for a while now" Rindou pitched in, "it's nothing" she dismissed.

"You can tell us if something is wrong" Kokonoi stated as Ino began to nervously play with her fingers, "I'm just tired" Ino half lied, "don't worry it'll all be over soon" Ran reassured as he put his hand over her thigh, "I know" she whispered as she put her head on his shoulder.

Once they arrived at the hospital Omitsu was the first to welcome them, she ran out to greet the younger girl, "I'm so glad you're safe" she whispered in relief, "hey Omitsu how have you been?" Ino questioned as she hugged her back, "forget me, how are you?" Omitsu questioned carefully scanning her body, "I'm fine" Ino tried to sound convincing, "I'll be the judge of that" Omitsu rolled her eyes as she dragged Ino to her office, the executives just watched the interaction and followed them.

"We'll be taking multiple tests to make sure you're okay" Omitsu explained as she arranged her instruments, "okay" Ino said nervously, "don't be scared I'm sure you're perfectly fine, but is there anything you want to tell me?" Omitsu asked calmly, "it's just I'm afraid that somethings wrong with me I've been feeling kinda strange since the day they rescued me like I need to take something but I'm not sure what" Ino explained worriedlywhile Omitsu listened attentively.

"That's why we're taking this tests to find out if there's a problem" Omitsu said gently as she tried to calm her down, "whatever it is we'll get through it i promise" Omitsu smiled, "right" Ino took a deep breath and let Omitsu work.

"I wonder what's wrong" Rindou thought out loud, "she's probably just going through the after effects of the events, if anything is wrong we can always just fly in doctors" Kokonoi said, "let's hope it's as easy as that" Takeomi sighed and discarded his used cigarette as Omitsu came out of the office to meet them.

"Well I have some good news and some bad news" Omitsu said, "what's the bad news?" Ran nervously asked, "there's drugs in her blood stream she's got almost enough in her blood stream to become an addict so she has to stay in the hospital for about a week" Omitsu informed sadly.

"What's the good news?" Kokonoi asked, "we can flush everything out but she'll be having some side effects throughout the process" Omitsu said giving them a bit off hope, "side effects, what side effects?" Takeomi asked, "mood swings, emotional instability, hallucinations, oversleeping, overeating , headaches, undereating, under sleeping, dizziness, aggressiveness, morning sickness and some other minor or major issues, "damn that's not good" Rindou sighed in frustration.

"We can start the treatment immediately, I just need your go ahead" Omitsu said, "alright you can start but can we see her first?" Ran asked, "go ahead but be careful, she's not really emotionally balanced" Omitsu warned, "it's okay" Rindou said as they walked to the office.

"Hey Ino, everything okay?" Kokonoi asked as the four entered the room, Ino layed on the hospital bed crying silently, "hey hey hey it's alright" Rindou consoled as they all quickly rushed to her side, "I'm sorry" she pointlessly apologized, "there's nothing to apologize for you did nothing wrong" Takeomi said gently, "you'll stay in the hospital and get better alright?" Ran said but she just clinged to him, "no, please don't leave me here alone, again" she cried harder and it only broke their hearts more, "we're not leaving we'll be back tomorrow promise" Kokonoi tried to convince but she just shook her head and held on to Ran tighter.

"Maybe you guys should go without me, I'll stay for the night and look after her" Ran said as he wrapped his arms around Ino who was slowly calming down, "are you sure?" Rindou questioned, "yeah she's in no condition to be alone at this point" Ran explained, "fine we'll tell Mikey everything, stay safe alright" Takeomi said as he patted Ino's head and they all left.