V.1-Ch.3.2

Misaki

Advanced Nurturing High School

After class and after lunch had ended, I grabbed my swimsuit as well as some towels and sunscreen. Once I arrived at the girl's locker room, I already saw everyone else taking off their clothes and putting on their suits, preparing for the swimming class. I started undressing myself as well, putting my clothes inside the locker and putting on my swimsuit. After that, I applied sunscreen on my entire body and left the locker room with my towel, heading towards the pool along with the other girls.

Advanced Nurturing High School; The Pool

We all arrived and saw a group of some of the boys from our class standing alongside each other. They glanced at us, gossiping to each other and having smiles on their faces as they did. Of course, the girls noticed it and found them creepy and weird. They changed direction, picking a spot far away from them and their eyes.

I looked at the pool to my left, staring at the clear glistening waters and seeing how deep it was. I was already familiar with swimming, so I didn't see this as much of a challenge. However, I was more interested in how the others will take this.

I went along with the girls, staying close but far off to the side away from them. I sat down on the edge of the pool and glanced at the girls next to me. They smiled, laughed, and gossiped to one another, talking about their daily lives and telling each other their likes and dislikes. As I watched them, I realized that I've never seen any of them sad or down in any way. Of course, they may feel that way when by themselves, but so far, they always seem to be so positive. If I was the same as them, not giving a care about the world, having no worries or problems with life, could I have been smiling along with them?

No, probably not. I thought to myself. There's no chance of that version of me ever existing. Not then, and not now. The reason I say that is simple: I'm not normal. At a young age, I was smart, but lacked emotions. Even now, I'm still that way. I didn't have any room for any feelings of any sort because of my one goal: to find out the identity of my father. Maybe if he had been in my life, maybe if I had a normal childhood like everyone else, I would've been exactly like those girls.

"Oh, there's everyone else!" said Kawasaki.

I turned and saw more boys arriving here at the pool. Within that group of boys, I saw Furukawa, who was wearing a rash guard and swim leggings for some reason. In fact, he was the only one here with a rash guard and swim leggings on, but no one seemed to care. Curious, I stood up and went towards him.

"Furukawa-kun," I called out his name.

"Oh, Horikita-san."

I stared at him for a moment, then looked at his body. His rash guard covered the top from his neck all the way to his waist, while the leggings covered the entirety of his legs aside from his feet.

"Why are you wearing that? You know you could've come out like all the other boys." It was strange for him-the only boy and the only one in our class to have their entire body covered. I'm not entirely sure, but I thought that boys were quite confident when it comes to showing off how fit or strong they are. Furukawa here on the other hand, seemed to be the opposite.

"Can I not wear this?" said Furukawa.

"...No, I suppose you can." It wasn't wrong for him to wear it. It was his choice, and no one could stop him. Aside from what he wore, I looked at him and noticed how fit he was. "Do you work out or something?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"No, I don't."

"Is that so...?" He says he doesn't, but his appearance clearly shows it. If it's not from training or exercises, then I suppose it's from genetics, but the likelihood of being that is very low.