V.2-Ch.2.1: An Unexpected & Precarious Situation

Ogawa

Advanced Nurturing High School; Special Building

It was the afternoon when I was walking around the building with my digital camera in my hands. As usual, I was taking pictures and I was looking back through the ones I took today. In my gallery, I had one photo of a flock of birds flying in the beautiful blue sky, which I took in the morning. Another photo was the school courtyard where many students were smiling and talking to each other, which I took around lunch break. And now here I was, preparing to take a picture of the bright and warm sunset outside.

I found an empty hallway where there was no one around and where it was the perfect place. As I prepared my camera and positioned myself to take a picture, I suddenly heard a noise.

"What was that...?!" A voice. An angry and aggressive one at that. Actually, that voice sounded familiar.

Curious, I decided to leave where I was and head towards where I heard the voice. As I got closer though, I realized that there were more. Besides the voice I heard, there were about two, no, three other voices-all who were male.

Just as I turned the corner, there I saw Tsukamoto facing three other students. There were Nishida, Hoga, and Sugiyama Kou-students from Class C. Scared, I quickly hid behind the wall away from their sight and watched them from afar.

They were arguing with each other. Apparently, one of them had made fun of Tsukamoto and was threatening him. Hearing this, Tsukamoto clenched his fists and his blood boiled, prepared to fight.

"Haah...!" There was a shout, and there I saw fists flying through the air, hitting their target.

"Ggh!"

My body shook and I couldn't help but let out a yelp. Just then, my hands suddenly clicked the button on my camera, taking multiple pictures of the fight and recording it. Realizing this, I quickly hid behind the wall. Luckily, Tsukamoto and the three of them didn't notice me.

As I was hiding, terrified to look back at them, I listened to the awful sounds of their attacks and their groans from the pain of being hit. I shook even more and became even more terrified, closing my eyes.

"Haah...!"

Still scared, I slowly opened my eyes back up and turned around the corner a little, looking to see Tsukamoto and the three Class C students.

"Aagh!" With swift strikes, Sugiyama and Hoga were knocked to the ground with severe injuries to their chest and face. Startled, I took a picture of this as well.

"Haah...!" Nishida threw a punch, but Tsukamoto dodged and tackled him back into a wall. Then, Tsukamoto punched him in the face again and again, knocking him to the ground.

"Haa...haa..." Tsukamoto panted. "How's that...you bastards...?!" His fists were stained with the blood of those three Class C students-all three who had been beaten.

Nishida groaned and panted, spitting his blood on the floor. "Y-You...are going to regret this...!"

Tsukamoto grabs Nishida by the collar, lifting him up. "Yeah...I don't think so...!" Tsukamoto slams him into the wall. "You came here with your friends to make fun of me, to threaten me, and then you thought you could beat me up because you're all together! Next time, think again before you come at me!" Tsukamoto lets go, dropping Nishida to the ground. Sugiyama and Hoga, who were still in pain and laying on the ground, glared at him.

I was puzzled, frozen in fear. But then I shook my head, bringing myself back to my senses. I looked around for an exit-a way I could leave without being spotted. When I saw it, I immediately left without looking back.

"Is someone there?" Tsukamoto sensed my presence, but since he couldn't see me, he ignored it and I was able to escape easily.

As I was running, I was sweating, getting more exhausted as I went further and further away. It was a hot day, and even with the air conditioning in the building, I could still feel the heat from my body.

Advanced Nurturing High School; Outside

Once I exited the special building, I stopped myself and took a breath. Today was supposed to be just another day where I would go around, taking pictures of what interested me. Yet, today was different. I had witnessed a fight I could never forget, and I had proof of that fight taking place on my camera I hold so dear to me.