V.3-Ch.1: Matsubara Rin's Soliloquy

Class D. The lowest and most defective class at the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. As a faculty member and the teacher of their class, it is my job to aid and guide them. Yet, how could I? Like the Class D before them, they were careless and clueless. They had no talents and no skills that were considered "outstanding". They were exactly who they were: "defects". Any of my efforts towards them would be flushed down the drain. Giving up honestly seemed like the best choice, but that's when I noticed her.

A girl of black hair and brown eyes, sitting in my class. Horikita Misaki. If anyone were to hear that name, they might have not thought as much. However, some would've probably recognized it as it was the same name as the founder of Aletheia, Horikita Suzune.

From what I knew, after the incident where a secret project known as the "White Room" was revealed, the whole country had changed and was brought into a new light. A few years later, Horikita Suzune had created Aletheia to rid Japan of criminals and corrupt politicians, especially those involved in the project. Her actions were given high praise and respect by many. Many of us saw her superior intellect, leadership, and determination.

Of course, it wasn't her I was interested in, but rather the student in front of me, Horikita Misaki. Horikita Suzune was her mother, and if anything, there was a high chance that she was as skilled and talented as she is. I saw potential in her. After seeing her test scores and entrance exam scores, and after monitoring her, I'm confident to say that she's exceptional. No, she's more than that. For someone like her, who had such talent, I did not know the true reason as to why she was in my class. However, I'm glad to see that she is. My vision to get to Class A can be fulfilled by her.

There is one problem though. There was all of this potential in her, but I had yet to see any of it. Something was holding her back, something that I don't know. If I want my class to reach Class A, I need Horikita Misaki to stand up. And in order to do that, I first need to exploit what's holding her back.