V.2-Ch.7.2

Toshiro

Advanced Nurturing High School; Class 1-A

In the classroom, my sister and I sat in front of each other with a chessboard in the middle. I had control of the black pieces while she had control of the white pieces. We had started our match not too long ago, but it was all coming to an end.

Off to the side, one of my classmates-Shiraishi Miyako-sat away from us, staring as we played the game. She was intrigued, but you couldn't easily tell it from looking at her serious expression. She had long icy-blue hair and deep emerald-green eyes, which matched quite well with her serious personality.

Just as I moved a piece on the chessboard, the doors of the classroom opened. "Welcome back, Ozawa-kun," said Shiraishi.

The person who stepped into the classroom was Ozawa Kazuo-another one of my classmates. He had short maroon-red hair and yellow eyes, and he wore glasses with black rims. And like always, he had a calm expression on his face.

"The situation between Class C and Class D has been resolved. And it ended just like you said, Toshiro-san."

Reina moved one of her chess pieces. "Check"

"I see..." I grabbed one of my chess pieces, moving it and taking her piece. Passing the turn to her, Reina looks at the board for a moment, then moves one of her pieces and passes it back to me. I quickly analyzed the chessboard, then took one piece and moved it. "Checkmate."

Reina sighed. "You win again, Nii-san." She didn't feel down when she lost against me. Instead, she accepted it and smiled.

With the match over, I stared at the chessboard in front of me, then picked up the black king chess piece, holding it in my hand.

"What's next, Toshiro-san, Reina-san?" asked Ozawa.

Reina stood up from her seat, still having a smile on her face. "At the moment, none of the other classes are a threat to us. However, they certainly are becoming interesting." Reina turned to look at me. "Nii-san, you don't mind if we have some fun with them, don't you?"

I stared at the black king chess piece I had in my fingertips, then I clenched it. "Do whatever you please, Reina. As long as I don't have to expend more effort than I have to."