V.1-Ch.6.1: Students of Class 1-D

Misaki

Advanced Nurturing High School; Class 1-D

Today was now May 1st. Since it was the end of the month, we would now be getting our monthly allowance of Private Points. This would be the day where everything will be determined. And hopefully, this will be the day where our class will finally start to unite.

I sat at my desk, waiting for the bell to ring and for the rest of the class to arrive. I stared down at my desk and glanced around, looking at my classmates who continued smiling and patiently waiting.

Everyone is unaware of what's going to happen. Just as the bell rang, our other classmates arrived and sat down in their seats. Next, Matsubara-sensei arrived and looked at all of us with a smug look on her face.

"Did something good happen, Matsubara-sensei?" asked Azuma.

"No. I wouldn't say that. I suppose you could say it's neither good nor bad. For me anyways." Matsubara-sensei stood in front of the podium. "Alright. Before we begin class, are there any questions?"

Kawasaki raised his hand. "Um, Matsubara-sensei, we are supposed to get our Points, right? You know, the monthly Points?"

"Yes, you are," she answered with the smug look still on her face.

"Really? But...I've already checked and I don't see any deposits..."

"Yeah, me neither..." said Azumai.

"Oh? Is that so? Well I must say, every class has already gotten their Points deposited into the accounts for the month, so I'm sure it must be right."

"B-But..."

Just as Kawasaki was about to say more, a lone student in the middle of the classroom raised his hand.

"If I may, Sensei?"

"W-Woah! W-Where did you come from?!" shouted Azuma.

"Again, I've been here since the start of class." The person who was speaking was none other than Shirogawa.

"You may speak," Matsubara-sensei gestured to him.

"If what you said about Points already being deposited into our accounts is true, then that really only means one thing. We, Class D, out of all of the four classes, are the only class who didn't get any Points."

"W-What?!"

Matsubara-sensei chuckled, then slowly clapped her hands. "That's right."

"...!"

"B-But, why?! Aren't we supposed to get Points too?"

"You are, but...that depends on you." Everybody looked at each other with concerned faces, confused as to what she was saying. "Need I remind you about the S-System? At the beginning of each month, you will receive a monthly allowance of Private Points determined by your Class Points. For example, if you had 1000 CP, then you would've received 100,000 PP. However...seeing that you got nothing..."

"Our Class Points are zero..." I muttered to myself, saying it outloud. Everybody turned their attention towards me and Matsubara-sensei smiled.

"Correct, Horikita."

"Wait, Matsubara-sensei." Kasai stood up from his seat. "If I remembered right, didn't we have 1000 CP at the start of the school year? Where did those Points disappear to if we have 0 CP?"

"Good question, Kasai, and I will answer that now." Matsubara-sensei slammed her hands on her desk, startling everyone. "At this school, you are judged by your behavior. In other words, those of you who are late, who sleep in class, who skip to have fun at the mall, who carelessly spend all their Points, are all factors that brought your Class Points down all the way to zero. You...are all defects."