MD Vampire AU Part 6

N raced to the entrance of Uzis bunker, scratching intensely at the door. He ignored the cameras following him and sound of alarms blaring from inside. "PLEASE! I need to see Uzi!!! UZI!!!" N screamed at the door, panting as he threw himself against it. "Please! I messed up! Let me see her- UZI!" N screamed again, tears streaming from his eyes as he did.

Behind the door, the human defence force stood in shock at the sound. Vampires had attacked the doors before- but they normally didn't talk...and if they did it was threats of death. Why was this one so keen to get inside? How did he know Khans daughter?

A minute passed and Mr Thadson stepped forward, bravely he coughed "How do you know Uzi?" The sound travelled from his microphone to an outdoor a speaker.

N looked around for the source of the sound, and let his claws sink back into his palms. "She's my...friend...is she okay?!?" N asked.

As N spoke, Thad- who had come to visit his father at work- heard him.

A vampire that wants to see Uzi?
Wait...

"Dad, let me talk to him" Thad demanded, snatching the microphone from Mr Thadson. "Are you N?" The teenager asked, trying to sound confident.

N heard his name through the speaker and yelled back "Yes! I'll leave just tell me if Uzi's okay!".

The speaker went silent, and N nervously stood outside the doors, while inside Thad considered what to say. Since he was Uzi's only friend, he had been the person Khan called to say she was hurt, really hurt.

But this 'monster' outside was much closer to Uzi than Thad was, and if someone was going to snap Uzi out of her trance, it would be N.

Without much thought, Thad turned to his father and lowered the microphone before whispering "Uzi's in a bad state, he might be able to fix her".

Mr Thadson looked at his son with disbelief, but saw the confidence on his face, and snatched the microphone back "We'll bring Uzi to you" he said firmly.

N groaned, but surrendered, sitting on the snow just infront of the bunker. He thought about what he had said to Uzi, how badly she'd taken it. A part of him thought she was overreacting- but also knew just how unstable she was. He should have been smarter, should have humoured her idea- explained why it sucked better-

But did it suck? It might make things a bit easier...

No. N had done the right thing, Uzi wasn't stable enough to know what she wanted, at least, not stable enough to think it all through.

There's no way that N was important enough to Uzi for her to willingly sacrifice everything for him. N wasn't that important to anyone.

A familiar doom set in over Ns head, and for a moment he was tempted to draw his blade, to punish himself for the way he was- but he resisted.
He had to stay strong for Uzi.

Suddenly N heard a voice back on the speaker, informing him to get back from the door, which he did instantly.

A moment later the first door opened to reveal an empty office, with the second iron door shut behind it. For a minute N wondered why they'd opened the door, then saw a man step out from the corner of the office.

The man seemed middle aged, he was white skinned, with dark brown hair & a darker coloured moustache. He shook at the sight of the vampire, but held his fear back, "When Uzi hurt herself-she mumbled 'N', is that you?" The man asked sternly.

N looked the human up and down and nodded. He was holding a wooden stake in his left hand, and a 'emergency close' button in his right. Still N knew he could easily kill him, though that could wait.