MD Vampire AU Part 27

Uzi woke up surrounded by people, her father, V, Thad, and even J had all shown up. She was tucked up in hospital bed and there was about 100 different tubes leading in and out of her body.

"Uzi! You're okay- thank heavens" Khan exclaimed, pulling Uzi up as much as the tubes would allow into a cuddle. V sighed in relief while Thad clutched her hand and J looked down- Khan had decided she was the one who would give Uzi the unfortunate news.

After Uzi had a moment to take in the situation, she burst out "N! Where is he?!? Is he okay? The pain wasn't his right?!"

Everyone went silent, and J had crossed her arms in preparation for what she had to say. "You've been asleep for 12 hours, we found N around 4 hours ago  a few feet away from the doors, he mumbled something about not wanting to break a promise and was carrying a load of parenting books for some reason- he passed out and is in a bad state" J explained blandly.

Uzi's heart completely sank, he tried to get home in time despite being hurt, she couldn't even stay stable enough to see him. "I..." Uzi had no words for how she felt.

"You passing out also did some damage to- to the babies" J explained, sounding in pain from just saying the words, she couldn't imagine going through it.

Wait..did J just say babies?!

Open mouthed, Uzi looked up at J, who simply nodded in confirmation. Khan spoke next "I don't know how this vampire stuff works- but the foetuses have developed quite a lot already- and there's two".

Two babies...? TWINS?!?

"Oh fuck...I'm never letting N near again...and what do you mean by damage?" Uzi groaned, all of this was hitting her at the same time, was she just meant to take this awful news and deal with it?

V grimaced "It's nothing that looks major through the scans, but there's a decent chance one of them may come out stillborn".

Uzi gaped and looked around her friends for confirmation, Khan sadly nodded while J turned away, Thad seemed like he was about to start sobbing himself. The pregnancy that Uzi had wanted so bad- and was already so supported- could end in tragedy? Uzi hadn't been dreaming of twins- but now she knew they existed...she felt so attached already.

J mumbled something about checking on N while Khan left to speak with a doctor about whether or not the pregnancy was halting Uzi's recovery. This left V & Thad standing by Uzi's side, both unsure how to best comfort her, she had just heard her boyfriend was brutally injured while she had twins on the way- how do you make that feel okay for somebody? How could you possibly give them hope?

"Is N going to be okay?" Uzi weakly asked, it honestly sounded like she was pleading. V fumbled- unable to give a clear response, but Thad bit back his fear and was honest, "He's not self healing as fast as he should- but it's only been 4 hours and he's still going- it's better to think positive right now".

Uzi nodded, grateful for Thad's words, she looked up at V- who was on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry Uzi..N deserves this the least of us" V expressed, chocking on her sentence.

Thad didn't miss her tears and gripped V's hand, she smiled gratefully at him and Uzi couldn't help but snicker at her soft V had become, Thad definitely had the secret touch when it came to the team's nutcase.

Meanwhile J had made her way over to the private room N was being kept in, Khan had insisted on him being away from other patients for his own sake, N looked horrific.