Guardian Angel Part 11

N was surrounded by corpses, hundreds of broken drone bodies lay around him as he spun in circles where he stood, god damn it.

The angel had only wanted to kill Rebecca, but all the other cheerleaders came in at the wrong time, so he had no choice but to deal with all of them at once.

He'd already eaten the insides of most of them, but scraps of their bodies were clearly displayed all around the hall, plus there was obvious oil stains from where N had rather brutally torn them to shreds. He had no time to be gentle or moral is his killing.

"What...what the fuck?!?"

No- she wasn't meant to see this!

N turned around quick to see Uzi and Thad standing in the doorway of the hall, Thad was shaking with fear while Uzi seemed more enraged than anything else. Though it wasn't certain who the aggression was aimed at- Uzi's visor was glitching so it was hard to tell- plus there was no shock or sadness in her tone...she was just angry.

The angel stammered and attempted to explain himself- but no excuse could change what was very obvious- he even had oil stains around his mouth for goodness sake!

"No. Just no N. Thad go call for help- I'm talking to this idiot now!" Uzi yelled, making Thad behind her instantly run away. He was terrified anyway- might as well get out and be somewhat useful.

N was paralysed with fear- he knew he could easily get out of this- but a part of him was still afraid, afraid of what Uzi would think of him now. He had ruined her illusion and torn down her expectations. He was no angel.

Uzi marched towards N and grabbed his collar, pulling him down to her height, her purple eyes were furrowed in fury while his yellow ones hollowed in fear.

"You- You- WHY!?! I trusted you! You said you'd fix things- this isn't fixing things!" Uzi screamed into his face, tears sprung on her visor as it really dawned on her what had happened.

The angel sent to make her life better- the person she'd fallen in love with- was a murderer! How?! Why?! Did she really have such bad taste?!

N looked back at Uzi with wide eyes, he was fixing things- wasn't he? Okay it wasn't the best method but at least he was trying...

Uzi could see the confusion on N's face, and felt her own expression shift slightly, she couldn't help it- he just looked so genuinely apologetic- though Uzi reminded herself it was all a lie. N was liar, heck he probably was secretly a devil! Not an angel.

"I...I thought getting rid of the people making you upset would make you happy...?" N mumbled, almost pleading at his worker. Uzi gazed up at him transfixed, was this really all for her? Obviously it was the wrong way of answering her letter- but nobody ever put in this much effort for her.

Sighing, Uzi loosened her grip on N's collar and scanned the room, it would be horrifying to any other drone that came in- but for Uzi there was almost a small level of satisfaction- everyone who had wronged her was punished...

Don't fall for it Uzi! This is wrong...it's all...

For some reason Uzi could find no reason to be upset, she was more angry at N for lying to her rather than the fact he was a murderer, why she thought like this? She had no idea.

"Uzi...I was told to make you happy...and I can see how wrong I took that...you just made me feel- I wanted to- you seemed happier!" N fumbled over his words, trying to get Uzi to at least look at him.

Uzi turned slowly, but kept her eyes low, "You have about 20 minutes until Thad returns with help- go home at get all of your stuff out of my room- then you have to run, stab me or something so they think you escaped".