MD Vampire AU Part 9

V stood outside the bunker, wearing a large cloak to cover herself from the sun. She wasn't there under Js orders- she had come from her own accord. V knew very well that J may kill her over this, but she had to get a message across to the humans. To N.

"Humans, I'm here with an offer" V yelled through the door. A moment of silence passed before the a voice came through the outside speaker "What do you want?" It was Mr Thadson, not that V knew or cared who it was.

Looking around for the source of the voice, V coughed before continuing "Give N to me, and I can promise no vampires will attack your colony this year, giving you time to repair the hole we found last night".

The humans behind the door panicked- they too had found the hole in the roof of the colony- and quickly patched it up, but the repairs were weak for now.If a vampire tried to barge through-they could. A year would give them enough to patch it up properly and add extra security, but trusting a vampire? That was a heavy risk.

"I'll have to speak with the chief of human defence" Mr Thadson's voice rattled through the speaker. He knew Khan was the one harbouring N, and that it would technically be his call whether or not to hand him over.

As he got ready to make the call- Khan approached the door- looking defeated. He had thought over his daughter's words, and wondered what Nori would think of him now. Her death was arguably his fault for failing to build in time- now he'd failed their daughter by obsessing over that fault.

His day would only get worse as Mr Thadson approached him with Vs offer. Khan thought it over, protecting the colony was always his priority nowadays...but after hearing his daughter...after seeing how she looked at that vampire.

"Give me another 24 hours- continue patching up the gap- have no more communication with any vampires until I say alright? All she can know is the 24 hours" Khan ordered, and the other humans respected it.

Back in the apartment, Uzi was watching a movie in Ns lap while he fiddled with her hair. The movie was an old horror film- ironically about vampires- and N couldn't help but comment on the inaccuracy "We're not allergic to garlic" and "we do have refections!"  were only some of the lines N blurted.

Normally people that talked through movies annoyed Uzi, but she didn't mind it from N. She could listen to him go on about anything and not care, as long as it was his voice talking.

Suddenly the movie switched to a suggestive scene between a vampire and its 'victim'. Making N blush bright and Uzi snicker. She didn't care much for adultish scenes- but enjoyed seeing how embarrassed N got. The scene reached its climax as the vampire opened its mouth on the woman's neck.

Both Uzi and N went still as one character drank the other's blood, leaving just enough so they could become like them. Silently, N and Uzi looked at each other, she'd put a shirt on again, but her neck was clearly exposed.

"Seriously N...I think you should" Uzi said, pausing the movie as she lightly touched Ns chin. He shook his head aggressively and turned Uzi around in his lap to face him. "Look, I think I know who bit me- and while I don't remember it all- I remember it hurting really bad" N said, shuddering slightly at the memory.

Feeling bad for upsetting him, Uzi cupped his face fully and pecked his cheek, instantly perking up her new boyfriend. Still, Uzi persisted "I don't really have anyone in the colony- and if we worked together we might be strong enough to fend off V and J".
N smiled softly, kissing Uzi's forehead before mumbling down "I couldn't stand a chance against either of them, and it takes a while to fully transform".

Uzi pondered Ns words before sighing, she always wondered how N could be 'weak' by vampire standards. She'd seen him pick up hunks of metal without breaking a sweat just to build a childish fort-he could also run and fly 5x faster than Uzi had ever seen.

But the biggest thing of all, was his wings themselves, because while all the vampires had wings- Uzi had noticed that V and J had significantly smaller ones. At the time she assumed she was just far away and seeing things due to hiding, but Ns tail was also suspiciously stronger than it should be.

If he's a weak vampire- then I don't wanna know what a strong one is.

Even just sitting in Ns lap made her concerned- as she felt that if N put just a little too much pressure on her waist- he could snap her ribs.

Shuddering at the thought, Uzi fell back on Ns chest as she imagined a V or J having that sort of strength- it seemed impossible- especially since...

Wait...

"I don't think you're the weak one N" Uzi said quietly, without much tone. N smiled gratefully "Thanks Uzi but I already made peace with my place on the team" he didn't get it.

Uzi sat up straight in Ns lap, staring into his eyes, N blushed- normally this position led to kisses or aggression. He hadn't done anything wrong so...? Kisses?

Why is she so serious if it's kisses?

Putting both her hands on Ns shoulders, Uzi glared at her boyfriend "I mean it N, a few years ago V or J tried to pry into the doors- I don't know who it was but they were definitely female- and couldn't lift a large piece of scrap of the emergency hatch".

N raised an eyebrow "So...?"

"You picked up like a whole abandoned jet the other week without so much as blinking" Uzi said plainly, she loved N but he could be oblivious sometimes.

It took N a while to fully absorb what Uzi meant, and slowly he felt his eyes widen as it dawned on him. He might be the strongest vampire- he might be able to defeat J...maybe even V!

Without thinking, N opened his mouth into his crazed grin from before, the idea of revenge on his cruel boss made him hungry. Uzi blushed at the sight of Ns expression, she'd discovered a lot about what kind of things she was into since she met N and saw no point in hiding it anymore.

Snapping out of his trance at the sound of Uzi covering her own mouth, N pet her head, letting her rub into his hand as he did. The two sat still for a moment before N spoke again "So I should try this on my own".

Uzi immediately shoved N down on the bed and glared at him- eyes flashing yellow again while the symbol appeared briefly before returning to normal- the human stared down at her vampire for a moment before talking "Never say something that dumb again N...if your gonna face those assholes- you are taking me" her voice was cold and commanding.

Without a word N pounced up, taking top and pinning Uzi down with each one of his limbs restricting hers. She panted and blushed at the sight of him above her, but he had no time to enjoy his prey. "I'm going outside Uzi, I'm going to end this, if I don't make it back you can live like we never met, you can be a human happy in their bunker with the rest" N spoke, sounding far more serious and demanding than ever before.

Uzi looked up at him with loving eyes, slowly lifting her head as much as she could to reach N.
Sensing her desperation, N shuffled down and freed Uzi's arms so she could kiss his head. "I'll never be happy in the bunker N, I'll never be happy without you!" She cried, tears welling up as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Feeling awful, but certain of his choice, N replied simply "I'm doing it Uzi, if I don't come back- promise me you won't stop trying, promise me you'll never hurt yourself again".

All Uzi could do was sob on Ns shoulder, almost out of breath from tears. Eventually he couldn't take it any longer and pulled away slightly, pitiful face replaced by determination and honesty, "if you let me go, and I come back- I'll bite you".

The two froze at Ns words. Neither one really sure if N meant what he said, but Uzi stopped crying, and cupped Ns face gently. "Promise?" She asked, gazing at N with love still written all over her face.

N smiled delicately at her and kissed her on the lips. "I promise" he breathed.

Uzi opened her eyes as her mouth went cold, N was gone.

She was alone.