MD Vampire AU Part 16

Uzi leant against a thick oak tree, tears still racing down her face, she'd been betrayed, and by someone she'd given herself entirely too. Someone she swore she could trust for once.

Sobbing, Uzi slammed her hands down on the hard grass, a rock slit her finger slightly and she pulled back to suck on it. The blood tasted sweet, though she had to remind herself it was her own. Her cut leaked more red, and seemed to glow on her skin, Uzi felt a familiar sensation that she hadn't felt in months.

If she didn't have N. She had nothing to live for. She was unlovable and unwanted.

Without realising, Uzi picked up the rock and used its jagged edge to slit her wrist carefully, earning a deep red cut. Giggling madly, Uzi sliced again, and again. The injuries gave her the same sensation as it always did, but it was less a punishment for herself this time, and more a way to translate her fears into many visible marks.

If she could see her pain, if she could make it real, then it wouldn't hurt as much inside.

As Uzi continued to slice, she felt another pain at her stomach, and one at her back. Something was trying to pierce her skin, she felt her spine curl as her bones rearranged themselves. In all the chaos, Uzi had forgotten about the bite, she'd forgotten about the transformation she was still enduring.

Panting slightly, Uzi gripped onto the ground, slamming down to the muddy soil below her. The pain from her arm to her back was excruciating, she craved death, she craved...

N. The only person who ever-

Stop. He betrayed you. He would never choose you.

Sobbing as her memories with N replayed, Uzi screamed to the ground, praying for her death to be quick so she wouldn't have to think about him anymore. Her cries echoed in the trees, but there's no way anyone could hear her so far in.

Well, anyone except from N. He had felt her pain before, and could feel the same sensation in his heart, it broke him to know he was at fault for this.

N was sheltering with J at the entrance of the forest, they had discussed everything they could, from J's abuse to N's new status. J revealed it was in fact Doll who almost killed her, but spared her after realising she was technically ostracised from the vampires.

"If your freaky girlfriend didn't come to me, I still would have probably died" J confessed, Uzi getting to her side and aiding her in self healing was definitely a factor in J's recovery, regardless of how minor it may have seemed.

As the two talked, his heart began to throb more and more, eventually J raised an eyebrow at him and questioned why he was panting. N stuttered as he confessed he felt Uzi's pain, and could hear her agony from miles away.

J looked at N curiously before tipping her head "Huh, I always thought V was your soulmate".

N raised an eyebrow back "S-Soulmate?"

Realising N didn't know what she meant, J sighed and explained "Vampires have soulmates N, someone we're destined to be connected to forever, our hurts throb for them because we're tied in eternity, and we crave them and them alone".

The two vampires looked at each other, J had her arms crossed and seemed disappointed in Ns lack of knowledge, while N was trying to piece together what exactly this 'soulmate' thing was.

I'm the alpha- Uzi is my soulmate- J is being nice.
Can this day get any weirder?!?

Another moment passed before N sighed "I would have cheered if I knew that days ago, but now, all I can feel is how much I've let her down".