Praise (Nuzi)

N rarely received compliments as a disassembly drone, honestly the closest thing he ever go to one was when J said 'did you do something not useless for once?'. V had been nicer to him lately, but even she didn't really give direct approval, never rewarding him with words or affection.

At this point N was just expecting to live a life without affection and kindness, he had lived it for so long he kinda thought he'd be used to it.

Well, that all changed one particular afternoon when N and Uzi were alone in the pod. Uzi was nice to N, but had never really given direct compliments to him, though deep down she had many sweet things to say.

"Hey N- mind passing me that wrench?" Uzi asked, focusing her attention on the controls she was repairing. N smiled and found the wrench, he handed it over and she smiled back at him, for some reason she had a strange urge to pet his head- to reward him...

As N stood slightly crouched in front of her, Uzi decided to risk it and leant up to pet the top of N's head, making him blush in response and take a step back. Uzi was worried she'd done something wrong, but Ns flushed face gave off embarrassment more than discomfort, a part of Uzi enjoyed seeing N so flustered.

Feeling bold, Uzi grinned "What's wrong N~? You don't like my touch?" Her voice was teasing, playing some kind of character.

Stuttering was the only reply Uzi received from N, his visor was complete yellow as he shook with what Uzi could only assume were nerves. Another strange idea popped into Uzi's head, one that she considered ignoring, but the idea of seeing N more flustered overwhelmed her.

"You're such a good boy N" Uzi said, trying to sound innocent despite knowing exactly what she was doing.

As expected, N turned around and cupped his face, Uzi could hear him mumbling something along the lines of 'no...shit...what is this?'

Holy shit he has a praise kink

The worker drone grinned wider at the realisation, N had been starved of any affection his entire life, yet gave endless love to everyone around him, of course he'd have a thing for finally receiving it back. All sorts of ideas ran into Uzi's mind, but she resisted, she still didn't know how N felt and didn't want to manipulate him.

Sighing, Uzi turned back to her work, ignoring N's anxious shivers. She felt a bit bad, though it was nice to see N so happy, whatever she meant to him.

A few minutes passed and Uzi felt hands on her shoulders, "If I hand you more tools...will you call me a good boy again?" N asked, face bright yellow.

Uzi blushed, but read Ns face, he wasn't being dirty, at least not deliberately. He just wanted to be complimented again, his bright yellow eyes shimmering with anticipation.

Unable to stop herself, Uzi grinned again "Aww N, you're good enough without having to help me out, but if you feel kind enough- mind fetching me some oil?"

N immediately grinned and raced out of the pod, leaving Uzi giggling after him, it felt a little mean to send N out with the promise of praise, but it was cute how keen he was. She'd make the hunt worth it for him.

When N returned with a canister full of oil, Uzi quickly plucked it from his hands, slamming it down on the side before slamming into N with a hug. Of course N went bright again, but didn't dare shove Uzi off, instead he wrapped his arms round her in return and nuzzled his head on hers. This. This was the affection he'd been missing, and Uzi was giving it away for cheap.

A minute passed and Uzi broke the hug, face bright purple as she stepped away from N and grabbed the canister again, N smiled gently at her. She was so beautiful.

Wait what am I thinking?!

After Uzi decided she'd had enough oil for now, she turned back to N and smiled softly "You really are the best N, you know that right?".

Once again, N's visor became coated in yellow blush, it was almost covering his entire visor at this point. He loved hearing Uzi compliment him, he loved how gentle she was with him...surely she deserved more than oil in return? Right?

"I...um...you...you look nice" N mumbled, he normally found it easy to give praise, but for some reason it felt different with Uzi... at least it did now.

Uzi was blushing purple, but it was far less than Ns yellow, she had a twinkle in her digital eyes as she stepped towards her friend. "You don't have to be nice back N, you already give everyone a lot of joy by just being you" Uzi said, gazing up at N.

The two stood and stared at each other, neither wanting to look away from each other's beautiful face. Eventually N gathered his courage and coughed at her "Well- I meant it".

Silently the worker drone grinned and gestured for N to lean down, he did, and received plenty of head scratches as a thanks. N started panting and wagging his tail, making Uzi giggle and scratch more aggressively, he was basically a big robot puppy.

A few minutes passed and Uzi felt her hand get tired, she stopped ruffling N's hair and pulled away, only for N to trap her in another tight hug. "Uzi~ Don't be mean and just leave" he cooed, sounding a lot more confident than before.

Uzi flushed purple and looked at N, who was pulling an expression she never expected him to have, it looked straight out of her romance mangas.

"I'll be a good boy when you start being a good girl"