The Dog and The Bird (Nuzi)

N was a dog. Or at least part dog, he deliberately avoided knowing exactly what he was, but knew he was able to switch from something that resembled a border collie- to a humanoid being.

He wasn't the only dog-human thing in the forest, his pack were also the same species, though transformed into different types of dogs than him.
V could transom into something that resembled a Samoyed dog, and J (the alpha) could turn into a German shepherd breed. Despite his undying loyalty to the pack- J tended to pick on N and exclude him from certain hunts- leaving him alone for hours on end with nobody to play with.

It was on one of these lonely days that N found himself racing through the forest in dog form, he wasn't going anywhere particular, but was keen to keep running for as long as his paws could take it.

Eventually N stumbled over a rock hidden by moss, throwing him up in the air and breaking one of his legs. He whimpered at the pain, and howled for help, but none came. J would probably be glad about this actually, since he'd finally be out of the picture.

Unable to withstand dog form much longer, N transformed into his humanoid physique. He had white hair, with golden yellow eyes and peachy skin, he was also pretty tall and muscular- being able to reach up high and climb without issue.

As N tried to comfort himself, he heard the sound of fluttering above him. Instinctively N growled and looked up, but all he saw was a raven, seeming to glare down at him from above.

N gazed at the bird, slightly transfixed by its unique appearance and curious behaviour. Instead of growling again, N whimpered at the bird, who seemed to acknowledge his injury.

The bird flapped its wings but didn't leave, slowly it covered its eyes with its wings, trying to instruct N.

It wants me to cover my eyes?

Curiously N did as the bird instructed- keeping his hand over his eyes as he heard a branch snap- then the sound of footsteps nearby.
Though he was desperate to see what was happening, N kept his eyes covered, ignoring the strange feeling of human hands on his legs, carefully feeling and wrapping his wounded leg.

A moment passed and N was shaking with anticipation, keen to see what was happening, but also keen to obey the bird. Eventually the shaking got intense enough to the point it was getting in the way of whoever was tending to him.

"Okay fine, you can look" A soft humans voice spoke.

N eagerly opened his eyes to see a young woman, probably his age or a little younger, tending his wound. She was beautiful, with bright purple eyes and hair waving softly from her temple. The stranger was dressed in a plain black gown that seemed straight up and down, with a dark flower crown on top of her head. Against his better judgement N blushed "Wow- you're so pretty!" He chirped.

The girl blushed and tilted her head down "Shut up dog- how dumb do you have to be to race through here? You know it's almost a cliff right?!" She was angry, but seemed to have some degree of genuine concern in her voice, a kind of affection N had never had.

"Guess I wasn't paying attention" N replied, smiling weakly at the girl, who sighed but eventually smiled back. "I'm Uzi, member of the birds clan" The girl said, finishing up on her homemade splint.
N grinned "N! I dunno what my pack is called but we're all dog hybrids". Uzi pet his head how you would a dog, and he nuzzled into her hand "You know dogs and birds don't tend to get along right?" She teased, continuing to scratch around his head.

The boy wasn't paying much attention to her words, he just wanted more scratches, unable to resist N started panting- earning an even brighter blush from Uzi. A few minutes passed and Uzi could see the sun peaking from behind the trees, she mumbled a goodbye and some advice for Ns leg before turning to go.

She was stopped by large muscular arms pulling her into a tight embrace. Uzi blushed at the feeling of Ns abs against her back and the sensation of warmth he brought in his arms.

"Stay?" N asked, whimpering slightly as he did, trying to gauge sympathy from her.

Uzi looked up at his desperate face and placed one of her hands on Ns wrapped arms. Without a word she lent up and kissed his chin, making N gasp in surprise, but grin once he realised what she'd done.

"You gonna shut up now dog? I have to head home and so do you." Uzi confirmed, trying to wiggle out of Ns arms, but he held her tighter with each squirm.

Suddenly N turned Uzi around to be facing his chest- letting her take in just exactly N was wearing- which honestly wasn't much. He was shirtless, displaying his six pack, and his trousers were loose fitting brown. He was bare foot and had a fang necklace hanging over his chest, he looked exactly how she'd learnt Dog people looked. Though the six pack was never mentioned in class.

Without a word Uzi nuzzled her head onto Ns chest, making a sound of surrender before looking up at him, eyes big with pleading. "Please let me go, I'll come see you again I promise" Uzi begged, purposefully tuning her voice up to sound desperate.

It worked, N released Uzi reluctantly and she kissed him on the cheek as a reward for his compliance. He stood grinning wildly like an idiot for a few moments when Uzi finally turned away again.

She glowed purple for a moment before transforming into the raven he had seen less than 20 minutes before. "Wait you were the raven?" N gasped.

Stupid dog Uzi thought as she flew away, though she was already planning to see her new stupid little pet again.