Lee Eun-Hyuk x fem!reader sad

"eunhyuk... didn't make it."

that wasn't something your heart accepted to hear. but that was something your mind registered, understood, despite its reluctance to accept it. however, your heart was out of your control, and that was why your tears slipped before you could hold them back. that was why your blank expression didn't match how emotionally unwell you were. that was why you always did what you had to do and not what you wanted to do, just like lee eunhyuk always did.

you figured, maybe, you could indulge into a thing you wanted, for once in a very long while.

you wished you hadn't been knocked out during your runaway to the bunker— so you would've had the opportunity to slap eunhyuk for leaving or, at least, go with him. but no, of course things couldn't be this good. you had to get a chunk of the breaking building fall on your head and knock you out, only for you to wake up when the group found the exit of the bunker. you didn't even remember entering it, just a faint memory of eunhyuk carrying you and looking at you with a slight smile. it was rare and you should've known then it couldn't mean any good. but your consciousness left as fast as it came.

but now you were awake. so you left.

ignoring the shouts of all the people you survived with at green home, you walked away. the military threatened, or well, warned you but you ignored it, and yikyung seemed to be telling them to let you go. you didn't care for anyone here much— save for eunyu, who was kind of a friend to you despite how similar your were in personality to her brother (she always lightheartedly insulted you about it) and hyunsu, who... was not here. so he didn't count. you decided eunyu would be fine with everyone else, and that going to check if hyunsu and eunhyuk were still alive was worth the risk of getting killed.

so you went to get killed. that is the mindset you walked away with. so you wouldn't feel as upset if you did get killed.

green home's building wasn't too far from the spot of the end of the bunker, so the walk wasn't too long. the sound of your shoes against the gravel and the debris from broken buildings was odd, unfamiliar. you'd gotten lucky enough to manage to stay inside a fairly comfortable building throughout it all, so walking outside while literal monster walked around, destroying things was weird. you didn't really mind. the silence. the loneliness of it all. it was enjoyable in a way. and no monsters showed up at all.

green home didn't look very well. there was no rooftop to go to anymore, no stairs (none that led to anywhere, at least), no elevator, nothing. your apartment and room was long gone, as well as everything in the formerly well-kept building. you took a deep breath but kept walking.

grays, and shades of beige. sand and gravel and rocks and stones. it was so dull. almost tiring to look at. until your eyes caught sight of a trail of blood. fresh blood.

without an ounce of hesitation, you followed it, because why wouldn't you? you followed through the remains of the building, followed through what felt like narrow alleyways but were just walls that fell apart, followed until you found... a body.

you dropped to your knees and grabbed the familiar figure you hoped was alive. your hand settled on the red flannel covered shoulder and turned the body over.

lee eunhyuk.

your hand moved up to his cheek, caressing the rough expanse of his dry, bloodstained skin. yes, blood, all over him. from his nose to his chin, from his temple to his jaw, on his neck and on his arms— blood. but only the trail of his very apparent nosebleed was still fresh— and flowing. he was alive. you allowed a breathy, relieved laugh and smiled.

"eunhyuk. wake up."

he didn't.

...not for at least ten minutes or so, rendering you worried about his wellbeing every other minute until you forced yourself to remember that hyunsu took some time to wake up after getting severely injured and maybe that was just it. after all, the nosebleed was a very clear sign of eunhyuk's turning, which meant he was on the edge of humanity's cliff— holding onto whatever his mind thought was a tight enough rope.