Missed you- fluff, Lee Eun-Hyuk

happy sweet home season 2 release everyone!!! i just watched the final ep and started screaming. here's something quick! greetings from, lee eunhyuk x gn!reader, warning sweet home season 2 spoilers possibly ooc eunhyuk im trying to decide how different he shld be, mentions of scars. cheers
"Took you long enough."

Eunhyuk scoffs silently, hands buttoning up a white shirt over his figure. Unharmed. Clean. Possibly unstoppable, now. His gaze is on his own reflection but his focus is on you, sitting nearby with your back towards him.

"Mm." he hums, a small smile pulling at his lips. "Did you miss me?" he asks, something like a teasing tone to his voice.

You turn to look at him through the mirror and he raises his eyebrows. You roll your eyes and turn back. "No."

Eunhyuk smirks a little at that. He tugs at his collar to make sure his shirt looks fine, out of habit, then heaves a deep sigh and turns around. He walks over to the couch you're sitting on and sits at your side, eyes on the book in your hands.

"Is that why you kept things for me?"

Clothes. A pair of glasses. Books he used to read during your time at Green Home.

"Who said they were for you?"

Eunhyuk is dead. Anyone from Green Home would have agreed with this statement. This fact. But you refused to believe it. Parting ways with the rest of the survivors you knew (as well as the only other person who shared your feelings on this matter), avoiding the military and living in isolation, you had decided to try and make living bearable. Settling in an old apartment in a small building near the river. With enough practice from before, you had traps settled around the place and at least one or two weapons.

You used to stay at the shelter at the stadium, but hated all about it. It was much too many people and too much change all at once. No matter how organized it was, you couldn't find it in yourself to stay. So you left, and made your own home.

Maybe it was luck that you came back to check on Green Home a day after Eunhyuk came back.

(Maybe it was meant to be.)

"How long have you been living here?" he asks quietly. He watches your eyes scan the page on your book, watches the twitch of your lips when you hum in thought, watches every detail that he missed during this time. Time passes weirdly in the state he was in, and a lot changes. A lot doesn't. Like feelings. "I missed you."

You turn to look at him and he tilts his head. His expression is serious and his voice is as steady as it always is.

"Thank god, you survived."

You stare at him for a while, silent, before looking away. "You didn't even give me time to answer." you sigh. "It's been ten months here. I spent two at a shelter before I got sick of it."

"Was it bad?"

"Terrible." you say, "I'm sorry I left Eunyu there. She can handle herself well enough, though."

Eunhyuk sighs at that. That's a whole other problem. At least she's alright. "I'll find her eventually." he nods to himself, gaze on the floor. "I have a lot of people to find, anyways."

"You're so strange." you comment, suddenly closing your book and shifting your whole attention to him. Eunhyuk does the same in turn, gaze focused on yours.

"As in?"

"You've changed."

Eunhyuk blinks slowly, before narrowing his eyes. You're not wrong. But not right either.

"You too."

You reach your hand to his face and hold the side of it gently. He tilts his head slightly into your palm, not breaking eye contact. It was worth waiting, even if just to see you again. Your eyes are colder and your skin gained a few more scars. He's mildly annoyed he couldn't keep away anything that hurt you, though he knows it simply wasn't possible. He could direct his anger towards the other people that were with you.

But humans are just so... weak. How could anyone ever count on them?

"In any case, you don't have to worry anymore." he says, sounding almost cold. "Not even a little bit."

He's here, now, and he intends to make sure you won't have to change more than you already have because of this hellish world.

Author on tumblr