Never scared- comfort/angst, Cha Hyun-Su

hyunsu is worried you're scared of him, but you reassure him.

"Why do you love me?" Hyunsu looked at you with tears in his eyes. He didn't want you to see him like this, but he couldn't help it.

"Baby," you sighed quietly as you continued to clean his dried blood from his nose. "Why are you asking me that?"

"Oh come on," Hyunsu laughed despite his tears falling down his face. "You've seen what happens to me. What if I hurt you because of this infection..  what if-"

"Hyunsu," you held his face gently, tracing your thumb across his jawline. "Infected or not, I love you. And if I'm infected too, I'll be like you."

"How do you know that?" He asked, voice shaky.

You pressed a soft kiss on his temple once you finished cleaning the dried blood. He relaxed with your touch - you smiled. "Hey, I don't know at all, but I know I love you a lot."

"I love you too," he replied back. "I'm so lucky to have you with me. I can't thank you enough."

"You don't have to thank me for anything, sweetheart. You're like an angel to me," you set the cloth down on the table, then looked back at Hyunsu. "Come here."

Hyunsu took the hand you offered. You led him to your shared bed and invited him to lay down with you. "What are we doing?"

"Cuddling," you laughed quietly as you snuggled up against his chest. "You're so warm."

Hyunsu gave you a kiss on the top of the head. He was a bit hesitant at first, but you loved when his lips finally met the top of your head.

Then, remained a bit of silence. The comforting silence - not the awkward type. You loved when he held you and when you held him.

"Y/N?" Hyunsu's voice was gentlen when he spoke once more.

"Yes?" You replied back.

"How come you aren't like everyone else in the other apartments?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" You adjusted your head back on his chest.

"Well, everyone is scared of me, or... they don't like me. They want to use me for specific things, I don't know why." He said.

"They aren't nice people. They're scared to trust us because we're younger, but we are stronger because we ignore them. I'm not scared of you, I would never be," you answered back. "I see the love within you. And trust me, it's bigger than thr world."

Hyunsu was silent for a moment as you continued. "I'm lucky enough to see how much you care and how much you love me. If they can't see it, I can. But no, I will never be scared of you, because you're my everything."

The man suddenly hugged you tightly. You jumped at first, but then you registered what was going on. "I love you. I love you so much, baby."

"I love you more, Hyunsu," you smiled. "Why don't you turn off the lamp and we can try to get some sleep, okay?"

Hyunsu nodded and reached over toward the lamp, turning it off in the process. The room was now dark besides the light peaking in from the outside. Emergency lights were on due to the apocalypse starting, but at least there was still bits of light.

"I love you," you snuggled closer to Hyunsu. "I'll get something for us tomorrow. Breakfast better be good."

"You think it will be? If that old man would've given us some food from his store then it would've been good, but no, he's selfish." Hyunsu scoffed.

You giggled at Hyunsu's sudden outburst. "That's true, but at least we'll have... something, right?"

"Right," he said. "Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you more," you replied. "Have a good sleep."

Author on tumblr