Weakness - Comfort, Lee Eun-Hyuk

eunhyuk doesn't particularly likes the idea of coming off as weak as the unspoken leader of green home mansion apartment. but he can't hide his wounds forever, and you're here to help with that.

The moon was high up in the sky. Things were calm.

"Argh." Euhyuk winced quietly, holding his arm down on the table as he tried to bandage it up. It hurt quite a bit, enough for him to show any reaction to the pain; which he usually didn't. He was just... like that. He didn't show his emotions or feelings much, much less talk about them. And in the situation he and the rest of the building's residents were stuck in, he couldn't afford to show anything. it was a weakness, and a leader couldn't be weak.

"Look at you." you said upon entering the room. The boy turned around slowly, despite the slight scare you gave him and raised his eyebrows, instinctively moving his arm out of your view.

"[name]." he said, smiling. "What brings you here?"

"Your wound, clearly. I obviously noticed it." you said, shaking a first-aid kit next to you. Eunhyuk turned his gaze away and then back to his arm, gulping. If there was someone he allowed himself to show emotion in front of, it was you. After all, he had to, considering you were dating. He'd had to show his feelings at some point for you two to actually get together. Therefore, you were one of the very few people he was okay with being slightly vulnerable around. But still. He didn't want to worry you or something of the sort. So he hid his arm, and looked back towards you, expressionless.

"Wound?" he asked calmly, furrowing his eyebrows. "I don't have a wound."

"Left arm, outer wrist, opposite to the spot that you're really sensitive at whenever someone touches it. An open wound with at least a syringe's worth of blood soaking into the piece of fabric you tore off your flannel as an attempt to stop the bleeding... You're in pain, have sweat on your neck and you're trying so hard not to show your nervousness that the gulp you're holding back is making your mouth dry." you said it all as you walked over to him. Then you pulled the chair he was using to hide his wound and sat on it, setting the box on the table and turning with arms crossed to look at him. "Right?"

So he gulped. "Right."

You chuckled and opened the first aid kit, taking out some gauze and disinfectant. "What an idiot you are, dear med-student. You can't hide your pain at the cost of passing out. You're the leader, after all."

Surprisingly, he had not thought about that. It was true he could be sensitive to getting injured, and that bleeding excessively was enough to make him very lightheaded. Nevertheless the idea of fainting without anyone knowing and therefore, worsening his condition, did not cross his mind. He wondered what he would do without you, sometimes.

He watched as you mindlessly poured disinfectant onto his wound and bit back a sharp wince. You put gauze on the wound along with an unecessary bandaid to "make sure it stuck" and then put another one around his finger because he had a scrape there. Then you looked up at him with a smile. "All done."

"Thank you." he sighed, eyes averting from yours. "You... Should go back to the others."

"No." you said, with a dramatic sigh as you leaned back in the chair. "They're boring... Hyunsu is the best one here and you're confining him, Jisu is busy talking to Mister-Swordsman and Eunyu is smoking in... I don't know, fuck-knows-where..."

"Smoking?" he repeated, brows furrowed and a curious look in his eye. You bit your lip and looked away with wide eyes.

"... You didn't hear that from me."

Eunhyuk figured there were far worse things to worry about than his little sister smoking during an apocalypse, so he only sighed at the thought and crossed his arms. Then he winced, because for some reason he'd already forgotten about his injury. He exhaled deeply as he set his forearm back onto the table, impatiently drumming his fingers on the surface. "Now I don't know what to do."

"What? You're bored?" you laughed, "No way. Wanna go fight monsters, then?"

"Obviously not."

"Then be content with your boredom. It's normalcy and we don't get much of that anymore. You can just study, for whenever the world goes back to how it used to be."

He knew the end of that sentence was wishful thinking. Neither of you two really believed you could go back to your usual daily lives ever again. Not with this weird virus. But still, it was hope, and logically, hope was one of the most important things during an apocalyptic situation. If not logic, hope was what people held onto for dear life. He figured he could indulge in more hope and delusions at least for a while. So he smiled softly and nodded, and you both had a study session like you used to have before everything went down, music playing in the background to imitate a sense of security you formerly took for granted. And for a little while, it was enough to make you two forget about the state of the world at the moment, and be able to enjoy life even if just for a little bit.

Eunhyuk felt calmer, now.

Author on tumblr