Dating Cha Hyun-Su headcannons

hyunsu never really thought he was worthy to be anything more than a friend to you.
we all know his self-confidence is at a constant low. along with this is his self-worth, which isn't any better.
you met at the green home and instantly clicked. he was quiet and shy, and it was pretty difficult to hold a conversation with him at first.
eventually, you managed to loosen him up and became great friends.
he started gaining feelings for you, but consistently told himself that he should let them go. he wasn't planning on living long, and he didn't really believe that you could ever return them. in his mind, there was no point in liking you if it would all go to waste.
it's safe to say he was very surprised when you told him you liked him.
he was speechless. in fact, he was incredibly scared to say anything to you.
he thought you were joking around with him at first. or maybe you had misspoken? there was a possibility that he was taking your words the wrong way. maybe you were saying you liked him as a friend.
it took a couple more tries to completely convince him that you wanted to date him. he was incredibly hesitant to say yes, but seeing the smile on your face when he did made it all worth the trouble.
after the apocalypse made its way into both of your lives, he was scared for your life.
you weren't in your apartment and he had no way of contacting you.
he was very worried for you, and those feelings were finally able to go away when he woke up in the arcade room, your tearful eyes staring down at his.
hyunsu shows his affection through certain forms of physical touch.
he isn't much of a kisser. it's pretty rare to get a kiss on the lips from him. his favorite form of kissing is definitely kissing on the cheek. both receiving and giving.
he's much more of a hugger. in fact, he typically likes to receive hugs a lot more than giving them. not that he doesn't like to give you hugs, though.
he likes to receive them because it makes him feel wanted, something he didn't have much experience with during the later years of high school.
he loves burying his head in your neck while you wrap your arms around him.
his favorite is your bear hugs. he especially likes when you start petting his hair down during the hug.
this boy is so touch starved please give him lots of hugs
he really likes to hug you from behind. the way you giggle once you notice him, followed by you turning around and burying your head in his chest. he cherishes it.
hyunsu will do absolutely anything for you.
while he would never tell someone no if they asked him to grab an item of theirs on one of his supply runs, he has to stop himself from rolling his eyes. it gets tiring sometimes.
but around you, it's almost the complete opposite. before he heads out, he will always come to you and ask if you need absolutely anything. if you say no, he will triple-check just to make sure.
he wants you to live comfortably, and because he spends most of his time locked up in the arcade room, he doesn't have the power to help you. so, he uses what little opportunity he does have to make sure you're doing okay.
to spend whatever time with him that you can, you offer to do guard duty a lot.
you have conversations with him while sitting outside of the arcade room.
sometimes, you sneak in there to spend some time with him before your shift is over.
this was prior to the group allowing him to be let out. once that happened, your time spent together doubled.
you practically did everything together to make up for the lost time. ate next to each other, walked around the place at night, anything you can think of.
a couple of times, you've offered to go on runs with him. he protests and you never actually end up going, because he's scared that it's way too dangerous for you.
your relationship is one filled with comfort.
if you're ever going through something, he's the perfect person to go to. he knows what it's like, so he knows what the best thing to hear is.
likewise, he entrusts most of his problems to you. he really doesn't care how you handle them. just you allowing him to tell you is enough for him.
whether you comfort him with a hug or encouraging words, he doesn't care. it all works the same for him. your presence is his therapy.
hyunsu does a lot of things for you without asking. he's very thoughtful.
if he sees any sweets while on a supply run, he'll pocket them and gift them to you when he gets back.
this goes for anything else he thinks you'll like or would make you happy.
he once brought back a mug with a cute cat design on it. you began to pour all of your water into it before drinking the liquid. he caught eye of this and concluded that anything he gives you will be put to good use, so he continues his gift-giving.
the apocalypse started during a time where jackets weren't needed, but as the weeks went by, it started getting colder and colder.
he offered up one of his spare jackets to you, and his heart melts a bit every time he sees you wear it.
overall...
you mean everything to hyunsu. you're his reason to keep going and one of the main motivations to come back safely each time.
he's very sweet to you and makes sure you know that he loves you.
literally such a great boyfriend agh
(extra: he asks for your help to cut his hair when he finally decides it's time. how cute is that?)

Author on tumblr