Lee Eun-hyuk confessing headcannons

you were in the neighboring apartment to the lee siblings.
you had lived in the green home longer than they had. when they first moved in, you thought it would be nice to give them a housewarming gift.
you bought some flowers and stuck them in an elegant vase, baking some cookies to top it off.
you knocked on the door and were quite surprised to be met with someone as handsome as eunhyeok.
he was pretty reserved when you first met him. he accepted the gift, gave you quick thanks, and that was it.
even so, you weren't quick to give up.
you consistently knocked on his door, asking him questions, starting conversations, stuff like that.
while you were slightly worried that he would find you annoying, you ultimately decided that your persistence was the only way you could get to know him further.
you caught feelings pretty quickly after finally becoming friends with him, but you always had a distant worry that he never felt the same.
his attitude towards you definitely didn't feel like it had as much devotion as your attitude towards him.
it didn't upset you, but it did put a bit of a damper in your hope.
you were sitting in your apartment when monsters first started to appear.
you wanted to run, but the blood coating the hallway coated you with a glaze of hesitation.
what were the chances of you dying if you walked out there? you weren't even sure if there was a clear escape. after all, you were on a pretty high floor. if there was more than one monster, you were screwed.
you were worried about eunhyeok and eunyu, but what was there that you could do? eunhyeok was rarely home at night anyways, which was when the first monster showed up.
it was then that you came to the sudden realization: eunyu was alone.
it was a bit difficult to muster up the courage to go through with your decision, but eventually, you managed.
you waited until the coast was clear, and then you quietly snuck over to eunyu's room.
as you were about to knock, the door slipped open and you were met with the sight of the younger girl.
after a bit of discussion, you ultimately decided to join up with her. you could share supplies and socialize a bit, so the pros definitely outweighed the good.
after a few more days, an announcement came over the speakers.
they had rarely been used over the time you resided in the green home, so it was surprising to hear them going loud and proud.
after a few seconds, you realized the owner of the voice.
the loudspeakers distorted a bit, but it was unmistakable. eunhyeok was alive downstairs, and he was calling out for you to join him.
if there was ever a time for you to make an important decision, it was now. and in your opinion, there was no better choice than to go downstairs.
you'd eventually run out of food up here, and if you decided to go meet up with eunhyeok, you'd be reuniting him and his sister. so, you took it as an invitation to run.
reaching the bottom was easier than you initially thought it would be. you didn't run into any serious threats, and both you and eunyu reached the bottom of the stairs without a scratch.
it was going too good, and you knew that somehow, things would go bad down the line.
you were proved correct when the sound of a loud crack split the air behind you. when you turned around, you saw a sight you never imagined you'd be faced with. a boy around your age lying on the ground, head split open and bleeding.
eunyu's scream was enough to catch the attention of everybody on the bottom floor, and when eunhyeok opened the door, he was surprised to not only see his sister but you as well.
he didn't want to get his hopes up at first. he knew that the chances you survived were little to none.
eunhyeok had hidden his feelings toward you for quite a while. the only person to ever have a hint of them was eunyu—but that's all it was. a hint.
he was amazing at hiding his true feelings, and it truly showed when it came to his love for you. he was afraid of letting himself love you, so he thought it would be fine to let them pass over
he only realized how much it ached when the thought of you possibly being dead reached his mind.
he shut off his emotions for a while. they quickly rekindled the moment he saw you.
he wasn't sure how to react at first sight. should he hug you? act excited? that would be slightly awkward, considering you had just witnessed a kid fall nine stories.

it was a relief that he was alive, and that definitely took off the added pressure on your chest. before he could come up with a way to approach you, you took the first step.

"eunhyeok," you breathed out, causing him to turn around from the object he had his attention on. the smile on your face was gentle and welcoming, just as it had been each time you knocked on his door.

you ran up to him and gave him a big hug. he reluctantly obliged to the sudden act of affection, burying his face into your hair. the hug didn't last long, and seconds later you detached yourself from him.

"it's good to see you," you said. he nodded.

"i'm glad you're alive."

you felt your cheeks heat up a bit. returning the nod, you echoed his words. "it's good to see you doing well too."

the moment was brief, but you could see the underlying emotion in his eyes. you weren't sure if you were hallucinating. after months of not being able to see any hint of how he feels to you in his words, actions, and central emotions, it was a breath of fresh air.

you gave him a grin, indulging in deeper conversation. he explained the system he had built to you and the type of people down on the ground floor.

with each of his words you listened intently, staring into his eyes and focusing your full attention on him.

he wouldn't admit it, but his heart skipped a bit each time he caught your eyes lingering on him.

it wasn't until a new threat posed a complete danger to you that he couldn't hold back any longer.
you were in the midst of clearing the garage. your job was to receive hyunsu and get out of there, but the monsters resting in the area didn't make it easy.
one of the monsters had grabbed hold of your leg, effectively tripping you. you scraped your knee up terribly. your jeans now had a hole in them, and it was painful to run away.
luckily for you, eunhyeok came to the rescue and picked you up in the vehicle.
when you got back to the safe zone, he sat you down and began to patch up your knee.
the scrape was worse than you thought. the amount of blood oozing out of the wound almost made you nauseous.
eunhyeok treated you with care, tenderly wiping away the blood and making sure to bandage you up in a way that wouldn't cause you pain.
after he finished up, he looked you in the eyes.
evaluating the way you looked at him and the chemistry he felt with you, he decided now was the time.
"y/n. i like you."
it was an understatement to say you were shocked.
even with the sudden shock, you accepted his confession with an unanticipated kiss on the lips.
giving him a grin, you wrapped your arms around his neck and laughed into his shoulder.
"you have no idea how long i've been waiting to do that."
in conclusion...
eunhyeok is reserved and so are his feelings. more often than not, he automatically assumes that the person he likes won't like him back.
he needs time to process his feelings before he can put them out in the world.
once he has them figured out, his confessions are pretty confident. especially if he really likes you<3 if it weren't in such a dystopian world, i can imagine his confession would be a little more romantic.

Author on tumblr