.Aka.

She brushes down her hair as she stares at her reflection. She watches herself with a small smile. Her eyes excited. She would see him again. After so long. She runs her hand thought the ribbons she owned and choses the pink one gifted to her by him.

She ties her hair and smiles at herself once more before turning to leave. She grabs her bag and quickly walks into the town. She smiles at her neighbors and the people she knew in town.

She walks with a skip in her step.

It had been a month since she saw him. Her eyes bright as she walks to the small tea stall and notices him. He was reading a paper and from what she could notice, it was a letter. A letter written in a pink paper. She could notice a few hearts drawn too.

Her heart clenches as she wonders if it was love letter.

She shakes her head.

No it couldn't be.

And even if it was she trusted him and knew that he wouldn't leave her.

She sits down opposite tp him and greets him.

" Hello, love. "

" Hey " He responds, folding the letter and pocketing it. He signals the waiter to bring two cups of tea. She frowns. She had told him not to behave this way. To behave like the others were merely servants who were beneath him. He honestly behaved like a rich brat sometimes. But then again he was a rich brat. A rich brat she had fallen for.

" Is that a love letter? You have a new girlfriend now? " She teases, but her smile drops when he notices his grave expression

" Look, dear we - I cannot be with you anymore. "

Her heart stutters.

" Why not? Did - Did something happen? "

" I - Father doesn't approve of you. He believes that I'd be better off marrying someone from our status. " He says, not looking at her face. His eyes fixed on his shoes.

" Well, only your father thinks that, am I correct? "

He nods.

" Then you needn't listen dear. We can run away. We can live far way in a cottage together. Let's try to live the fairytale we have dreamed " She says, gently clutching his hands with hers.

He stares at her before sighing

" I wish we could. But we cannot. I am bound to my family and my duties. We , our relationship,won't work anymore, dear. You must let go "

His hands slip away when her fingers tremble.

He accepts the tea and pays his money, leaving her in silence.

She places the glass aside and hides her face within her palms. She allows a sob to slip past her lips and  tears to roll down her check.

She cries for a long time.

She doesn't know why she cried for him. She doesn't know why. Did she perhaps love him?

She had loved him. She had loved the image created by him about him. She had never known the true version of him. The version that had broken her heart again as she learned the truth. She learned that perhaps he had never loved. Not in the same way she had. She was merely a toy. A plaything to pass time with when he was bored. She had cursed him on the day he married the mayor's daughter. The day he left her and every single day after that.

And she continues to hate him.

Her life had changed after she decided to follow her brother. She had not realised that her brother was power hungry and narrow minded. She followed him when he said that they ought to leave the dimension and embark on a journey for power.

This journey led them to Daiki. Daiki had taken them in. They had been wounded and were starving. Daiki had rescued them and helped them. And as a return for his favour, Daiki had merely said that they must work for him. Aka wanted to protest. Why must they work for this man just because he helped them out?

But she didn't. As her brother didn't want her to. Her brother had agreed before she could even state her opinion.

She didn't go against. He was family and her elder brother. She remained silent.

Daiki renamed both of them, her brother as Ao and herself as Aka. Daiki later gifted them with powers by connecting them to a dimensions crest with a key and Daiki's chains. He gave them two opposing powers, Fire and water.  They accepted those powers and started work beneath. They followed all his orders. And Aka will not deny that some of them were fun to do.

She wasn't an angel. Her head too was quite twisted. She got a kick out of some of the missions.

But some of them went out of hand. She didn't mind killing their enemies. But innocent men and women and young children, even toddlers were killed without mercy by Daiki's henchmen. Daiki may have been unaware of this or perhaps he was.

Perhaps he was aware of it happening and hadn't cared enough to stop it. He never cared unless it proved to be some sort block in his path to power.

Power. Authority. Strength.

This was all he wanted. He was heartless as all he was focused on was his mission.

Aka could no longer follow him after she saw what happened to those test subjects Asahi had used.

She couldn't.

She attacked her brother and had almost captured power in that region when Daiki's henchmen stopped her. Few tried to convince her while others merely attacked. She fled, faking her death.

She knew about the dimension jumpers. An unruly bunch of people from different dimensions. They maybe unruly and weird but they had been successfully foiling quite a few of Daiki's plans by rescuing people and returning them to their own dimensions.

They had also attacked and captured a few dimensions with much weaker defenses. And Daiki's spies stated that they had built houses and now those dimensions had towns and were more peaceful.

The stranded people, if they didn't want to go back to their own dimensions, lived in these dimensions.

Those dimensions had very few natives, giving them enough space to live in harmony.

The dimension jumpers were good.

And she wanted to join.

Her eyes flutter open when she hears fingers snapping.

The boy with blonde hair stood next to her. The silver haired guy stood in front of her, his hands shaped into a triangle.

" So, those are your thoughts. Well, you're accepted. " The boy says, eyes glinting with mischief and happiness and open acceptance.

~~>><<~~

Until next time!!