➩𝟓 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨

𖤓𖤓𖤓

"It is decided, custody of Lily Campbell will be transferred to Jane Campbell and Michael Davis."

I don't look at him

He scares me, and my heart is already beating too fast.

I don't move, I can't move. Even when people start leaving the room and I hear the familiar footsteps slowly approach behind me.

A soft hand comes in contact with my shoulder, "Come on Lils, let's go." It's my mother, I knew it was her.

She backs away and starts walking towards the exit. If she leaves I'll be alone with him.

I can't be alone with him.

He's scares me.

He hurts me.

I quickly stand up from my chair, grabbing my bag and making a move to get out of the room, but he strides towards me at the same time and I freeze.

Why do I always freeze?

He gets close to my side, putting a hand behind my back to make me start walking with him towards the door as he leans into my ear to speak, "You hear that? You're mine."

'You're mine.'

That's what he would always say.

'You're mine.'

Is what he would say when he forced me to undress for him as he held me at knifepoint

'You're mine'

Is what he would say after almost beating me to death because I spoke to another man.

'You're mine'

Is what he said as he slowly sliced the sharp knife through the side of my head.

I screamed, he let me.
No one would hear me anyway, he knew this.

My mother had made sure of that the day before.

I could've been killed that day, instead he left me with something worse.

'You're mine'

I'm his.

The scar he left proves that.

𖤓𖤓𖤓

👀