➩𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲𖤓𖤓𖤓

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲
𖤓𖤓𖤓

Strong arms carry me into the bathroom, slowly lowering me down until the warm water meets my body. I let out a sigh of relief, my muscles loosening up as I let myself relax into the bath.

"The temperatures fine?" He asks from beside me and I simply nod. Too tired to speak, too tired to move.

Two fingers touch my chin, moving it towards him, "I need you to tell me if you're okay."

"I'm fine." I answer him quietly, a faint smile on my lips.

He stays quiet for a moment, as if he's choosing whether or not to believe me. I'm guessing he chooses to when he stands up. "I'll be in my office if you need me."

The door shuts behind him, leaving me trapped with nothing but the consuming voice of my thoughts.

I look down at the white shirt he changed me into, rub my hand over the tired face he wiped the makeup off of. This has been the best night I've had in forever, yet for some reason something still doesn't feel right.

I try my best to shove my overthinking aside, instead sinking deeper into the warm water, letting it relax every part of body. Every now and then I have to force my eyes open so that I don't fall asleep, the tiredness finally hitting me as I lay in the tub, tired, until the warm water turns humid.

Half an hour later, I rise from the bath, met with the expected soreness from between my thighs. I reach for a towel, drying myself off and throwing my hair into a lazy bun before putting on his oversized shirt.

I creep out of the bathroom, and through the quiet hallways. The only sound heard being my footsteps and the faint talking in the distance. Or more like the arguing.

The sound leads to a door, one I know to be Enzo's office. A small shimmer of light shines through the crack of the door and I can't help but carefully peak inside to try and see what all the fuss is about.

"And you're just sitting here? This is really bad timing for this shit to happen." I see Enzo, his sleeves rolled up, hair a mess.

The person on the phone answers, and apparently it just riles him up even more. "Fucks sake. The Spanish will find her here, Valerio. Take care of them first."

Her? As in..

I watch him as he hangs up the phone, but he doesn't move from his spot. I realize why when he speaks again. "Lily."

His words make me jump, but I bite my tongue to try and get me to focus. "Who's her Enzo?" I already know the answer, but I just need to hear it.

A careful step towards me was all that I needed to confirm my theory.

"Amara still hasn't come back. Valerio's figuring things out but it's.. complicated."
I close my eyes and shake my head in disbelief. I knew Amara had taken a break from Valerio, but never would I have expected her still to be gone. How could I have? I haven't been able to contact anyone for the past month and she has no idea.

I look away from him, take a deep breath before speaking. "Is she safe?.."

Enzo looks at me with soft eyes, almost like I'd break if he didn't. "She's safe." He echoes my words.

A sigh of relief. "Good, thats... good."

He's about to open his mouth to say something, but I beat him to it. "How could you not tell me? I mean yeah, okay you're keeping me hostage which means no contact with the world but really? Amara is my best friend. How could you be so fucked up not to tell m-"

I'm so caught up in my words that I don't realize that he's reached me in one stride, his hand reaching around my neck to make me look up at him.

"I'm sorry"

If I wasn't already shocked, I definitely am now. Enzo, apologizing? To me?

I blink a couple of times as I look up at him, my words stumbling as I think of what to say. "Oh, I-" A pause. "Okay"

"Okay." Enzo repeats, his eyes not leaving mine. Mine don't either, it's like they're stuck looking at him and I don't know whether to complain about it or not.

The position suddenly reminds me of what happened just a couple of hours ago. Me against the wall, clothes on the floor, legs wrapped around him.

It was stupid.

I wasn't thinking straight, it was just an itch that needed to be scratched. And even if he scratched it better than any man ever has. It can never happen again.

Getting involved in whatever this is, is the last thing that can happen right now. I'm in law school for gods sake I can't sleep with a freaking criminal.

Another great reason why?

That was shown when the intruder alarm went off, and the sound of death filled the house.

𖤓𖤓𖤓