➩𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲𖤓𖤓𖤓

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲
𖤓𖤓𖤓

"Where are you taking me?" I ask again, slumping into the passenger seat of the car. Enzo gets in on the other side, then answers with a smirk. "Somewhere."

I roll my eyes, "and where's somewhere?" The car starts with a loud roar before we drive off. "You'll see." He says.

Narrowing my eyes, I shoot him a dirty look. "Seriously?"

"Yes, Tesoro. Seriously."

A couple of minutes later we make a sharp turn onto a smaller road heading into a forest, a creepy, scary, dark forest. "You gonna kill me or something?"

He doesn't even give me an answer, which I have to say doesn't really make me feel a lot better.

Eventually the silhouette of a large structure comes into sight. As we draw closer, away from all the trees, the details become clearer, revealing a steel fence where 4 heavily armed guards stand. Enzo rolls down the window and with that simple action they immediately straighten up, acknowledging his arrival with a respectable nod before unlatching the gates.

He parks the car infront of the building, then grabs his bag from the backseat before reaching for the door handle and stepping out. He rounds the car to open my door, offering me a hand considering how annoyingly low this car is.

I'm about to ask him where we are again as we start walking, but he speaks before I get the chance to. "This is one of our bases. The main ones in Italy, the type of work going on there is.. different. Here's where most of Valerio's work is done." We walk past what feels like a hundred guards as we head towards the entrance of the base.

Enzo turns to me as we stop in front of the door. "You want to know more about my work, yes?"

"...yeah I do." My words come out in a mumble, almost as if I'm trying to convince myself as well.

Enzo nods, gesturing for me to enter first as he holds the door. Stepping inside, I take a quick scan of the room. To the left, a boxing ring stands, circled by a large range of gym equipment. On the right, a corridor stretches into a series of offices, which is what I'm guessing Enzo meant by this being Valerio's place of work.

It's part of what he told me last week. It's unusual to have two mafia dons, normally the oldest sibling is the one who takes over the business, but since they're twins they had to compensate, so they both took they're own sides of it.

Enzo handles the more "active" part, where the training, recruiting and missions take place, whereas Valerio handles the actual business part. He takes the meetings, does the paperwork, arranges and plans alliances- or rivalries.

It's all confusing as hell.

A voice cuts in from behind us, but it's not Enzo's. "Hey, what's up, boss man?" I turn around to see a man around my age in sweatpants, no shirt. He wipes a towel over his forehead as he speaks.