chapter four; sectionals

"mr

"mr. schuester, i've selected the perfect moving ballad for finn and i to sing to launch our performance at sectionals." rachel stuck her hand up making about ninety percent of the room groan.

"me first. two things. first, our competition at sectionals are your classic stool choirs. great voices, but they don't move. now if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't. dance. which is why i've decided to feature brittany and mike chang's sweet moves in our performance." he said and i turned to congratulate brit, i was happy mr shue was finally spotlighting others then just rachel and finn.

"wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while i sing my solo?" she asked and santana glared at her.
"you're not getting a solo for this competition rachel" mr shue told eveyone and she looked completely shocked. served her right.
"i was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads."

"ken and barbie?! wait a-a-are are you trying to throw this?" rachel spat and quinn didn't look happy.

"you used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now, i pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth" she rolled her eyes and i gave her a discreet thumbs up.

"okay, listen, i have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly i haven't walked the walk. i mean, we have got a lot of talent here, and I'm gonna highlight it." mr shue said.

"wow, mr shues grown a pair and isn't so scared to face the wrath of rachel berry" i laughed and santana smiled at me.

"look, i'm all for... pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's for practice. you don't take the star quarterback out before the big game." finn spoke up and rachel nodded in agreement.

"easy to say when your the star quarterback" tina huffed and finn immediately protested.
"this isn't about me this is about the team"

"oh you are such a hypocrite" santana stood up and i braced myself for what was about to unravel.

"oh, like you even know what that means." rachel crossed her arms.

"it means that your boyfriend is full of crap, hobbit!" santana spat back.

"you know what? ever since the wedding you've been up my butt and i am sick of it"

"c'mon rachel, she's not worth it." finn whispered and santana smirked.

"oh really? cuz that's not what you thought last year in that motel room. that's right yentl, your sweetheart? he's been lying to you, cuz he and i totally got it on last year" she shouted and everyone was in shock. everyone knew but no one was going to actually tell her.

okay enough already! no more conversations about this, or-or anything! this is our plan for sectionals, and that is that. mike, brittany, c'mon up, let's start choreographing." mr shue finally put a stop to it but the air was full of awkwardness. santana was smirking, rachel had tears in her eyes and finn had his jaw open.