chapter twenty four; edge of glory

IT WAS THE WEEK OF NATIONALS AND THINGS WERE NOT GOING AS PLANNED

IT WAS THE WEEK OF NATIONALS AND THINGS WERE NOT GOING AS PLANNED. mercedes had come down with a fever, despite the fact she was singing lead on edge of glory.

"what's going on? how bad is it?" mr schue asked, bursting into the girls room and making his way over to mercedes' bed.

"her temperature's 101 degrees. given the fact that weezy's complaining about an upset stomach, it's either amazonian dengue fever or the H1N1 super virus." sue answered, taking the thermometer out of cedes mouth.

"or i have food poisoning." the girl weakly coughed.

"we all wanted burritos for lunch, so we went to chipotle, but mercedes tried some dive called señora salsation." santana explained.

"will, word, please." sue asked as the two walked away from us, we were all fawning over mercedes, clearly worried for the girl.

"i cannot believe this is happening" tina exclaimed.

"on our last competition aswell, god i feel bad" i agreed pulled my jacket tighter around my body.

"here's what's gonna happen: mercedes, you're on bed rest, quinn, you're stepping in." the two teachers turned around, informing us on the new plan.

"no, no, no, i can't dance that number. i can't sing it, either, not like-" quinn protested.

"the trouble tones need you. and you're better than you think you are." i reassured the blonde who was shaking her head, terrified.

"tina, you, too. you're in the trouble tones." mr schue pointed to the girl.

"mr.shue, this is my last competition. i don't want to miss it." mercedes mentioned from her bed.

"amen, to that, sister. that's why i'm putting you on a vitamin b-12 drip. we're flushing your system with pedialyte, and i'm gonna fill that bathtub with ice and see if we can't get your ambient body temperature back down to normal.
worked in jacob's ladder." sue agreed.

"all right, we all have our marching orders. let's do it."

"hey, calm down! hey, hey, calm down! calm down!" mr schue tried to break up the fight that was emerging between puck and sam.

"fight, fight, fight!" sugar and i yelled, holding our phones out to record.

"hey, cool out!"

"he's studying for geography while we're trying to rehearse! it's bogus!" sam shouted angrily.

"cause i already know the dance! you dance like you got your feet caught in bear traps. and you're trying to gnaw them off." puck retaliated, shoving sam backwards.

"mr.shue, are you aware that while we're arguing about jazz squares, unique is being handed the key to the city by rahm emanuel?" kurt unhelpfully added.