chapter twenty six; new girl on the block

SUMMER HAD COME AND GONE AND NOW IT WAS FINALLY TIME TO FACE MCKINLEY AGAIN

finn leaving had to be one of the hardest goodbyes i'd ever said before. waving him away as he got on the plane, hearing my mom try not to cry for me when i was practically on the floor in tears.

but i still had kurt, he was the one thing that i was holding onto. the one who promised he wouldn't leave and we were going to get through this year together.

blaine and i were in a solid place aswell, we were happy that we could graduate together and wouldn't have to worry about breaking up due to long distance.

and i had gotten into nyada, i just had to complete the next year before i can properly accept so that means i don't have to worry about applications again.

"chloe hudson, aren't you just embarrassed to be here" jacob ben israel came running towards me, shoving the microphone in my face.

"no" i tried to keep my answer blunt and short, hoping that it would drive the boy away. unfortunately i was wrong.

"my blog is dying to know why you didn't graduate when rumour has it you picked up your gown and all." that's when i began to panic, i didn't like to talk about it and i hated feeling pressured, i scanned the hallways for the sight of my favourite person.

blaine had been there for me throughout this well tough period of time. he held me when i cried and told me that it was going to be okay.

i stared at him forcefully, trying to get his attention without having to talk. he didn't turn to look at me so i excused myself from jacob who was still holding the microphone in my face, waiting for a reply.

"sorry i see blaine, i promised to meet up with him" i said before running away.

"hey chloe" he smiled as i did a twirl in my cheerios uniform i had convinced sue to give me back.

"hey blainers" i leaned against his locker.

"are you ready for senior year?" he asked and i nodded, linking my arm through his as we headed to the choir room.

"they said rachel berry was the group's undisputed star, so, really, the only question is: which one of you is the new rachel?" jacob approached us once again, this time while we were admiring our trophies.

"oh i am" we all spoke at the same time, turning to each other in disgust when we realised we all thought that we were the best.

"glee!" mr schue ran into the choir room as we all cheered.
"we are coming off of a national championship, but it's time to look forward, and thanks to glee now being the coolest club in the school, this shouldn't be a problem. all right. yes, we've lost some big voices. but we still have some huge ones in here. and i promise to do everything i can to replace the ones that we lost. and on that note, i'd like to introduce you to our newest member: the MVP of last year's nationals, wade unique adams."