chapter eleven; crazy about you

"i've been to ann taylor loft, filene's basement and, like, six forever 21s and i can not find a dress that fits

"i've been to ann taylor loft, filene's basement and, like, six forever 21s and i can not find a dress that fits. i'm gonna be forced to make my own dress for prom." lauren complained as kurt entered the room.

"don't. you'll seem poor." brittany said offering me one of the chocolates she was eating which i happily accepted.

"you're up for queen, you can't make your own prom dress. prom is like our oscars. it's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives." santana grabbed a chocolate, putting it in her mouth.

"what about getting married?" lauren asked and quinn interrupted.

"oh, you can get married as many times as you want. you only have one shot at your junior prom."

"couldn't have said it better myself" i waved my hand when mercedes came over, joining in on the conversation.

"what are you guys talking about?" she asked happily, her mood visibly dropping when lauren answered.

"prom dresses."

"thank god i don't have to worry about that. i'm not going." she sighed.

"why not?" kurt asked pushing his chair closer to me.

"cause nobody's asked me." mercedes shrugged and i hit her arm.

"bitch your letting that stop you, no no, tag along with blaine and i" i smiled but she didn't seem as enthusiastic.

"alright, guys – prom." mr shue cut in, writing prom on the board.

"please tell me we're not doing songs about prom." sam groaned and i shook my head.

"nope – we are the prom. figgins has asked us to perform." he replied and i hit kurt on the leg excitedly.

"let's do run joey run." rachel clapped and everyone gave her a skeptical look, despite not being there to witness it i'd heard all about the infamous run joey run and how it ruined rachel's already patchy reputation even more than how it was.

"now, i know this isn't ideal with nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. and, we could really use the money. but i know that prom is a special rite of passage. i want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. so we're gonna stag at the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates." mr shue said and i was too excited now, prom was going to be so good i could feel it.

"excuse me." mercedes cleared her throat before leaving.

"is she okay?" mr shue asked and quinn shook her head.

"mercedes doesn't have a date for prom."

"no? i don't have a date. i'm just going to dance. and then all of your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so...your dates are really my dates." brittany said nonchalantly and i patted her knee.