chapter twenty-one; fighter

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT THINGS COULDN'T POSSIBLY GET WORSE, THEY DID

waking up in a hospital bed was one thing, finding out i was the reason finn had to call his wedding off was another and getting told i had literally crushed about a gazillion bones in my right leg might just have been the icing on the mud cake.

it had been about a month and a half since the accident and i was only just getting used to my crutches.

"it's pretty badass if you ask me" santana smiled indicating to the big boot i was wearing.

"not really" i disagreed putting my head on blaine's shoulder.

"i'm just happy your okay" blaine put his arm around me.

"how long are you going to have to wear them" mr schue asked as i put my crutches to the side.

"it's been a month since the accident so i'll have to have them for like a couple more weeks, but it's fine because they'll be off before my nyada audition!!" i gave a small attempt at jazz hands, turning to blaine who was staring into space, completely zoned out of the conversation.

"blaine" i elbowed him in the ribs and he snapped out of it.

"sorry" he muttered before sitting up straighter.

just then, artie and quinn rolled into the choir room, singing im still standing. ironic.

"here's a lesson for your board, mr. shue. don't speed. ever. it's the stupidest thing i've ever done.
besides sleeping with puck." quinn laughed, earning a glare from puck.
"there's a lot of rumors floating around, so let's clear the air. first of all, all my plumbing still works, which is awesome. but my spine was severely compressed in the car accident, which basically means i can't move my feet or legs. but the good thing is that I'm starting to regain feeling, so with a lot of physical therapy, and your prayers, i stand a good chance for a full recovery.
so no tears. that means you, tina. oh, and i apologize for the number. my dance moves aren't as smooth as artie's yet."

"with practice, they will be." artie turned to me with a smile and i gave him a thumbs up back.

"i promise that by the time we go to nationals, i'll be out of this chair, and dancing on that stage." quinn smiled and i turned to blaine who once again wasn't even in the room.

"are you okay? you seem a little preoccupied." i asked the boy, thinking back to the choir room earlier.

"oh, well, my brother's in town. he's picking me up, taking me out to lunch." he answered with an upset look on his face.

"blaine, that's exciting!" i exclaimed, trying to brighten up the mood as i could tell he wasn't happy about it.
"i mean i know i've already seen him but i can't wait to have a conversation where i'm not getting kicked out of the house!"