chapter twenty three; big girls don't cry

"BLAINE THIS IS TERRIBLE" i whispered to the boy who was watching rachel's pathetic excuse of a performance

"i-what is happening, she's performed this song a million times" finn whispered from the other side of me.

"this isn't real life" kurt covered his face as the girl broke down into tears and shamefully made her way off the stage.

"chloe hudson" carmen tibideaux said and my heart dropped, this girl was mean and i knew she was going to eat me alive.

i walked through the rows of chairs to make my way to the stairs.

"hello i'm chloe hudson and i will be performing hopelessly devoted to you from grease" i said with a smile sitting on the edge of the stage and ready to start.

it was my nyada audition, along with kurt and rachel. kurt had told me he was singing music of the night from phantom but had a last minute change and had gone with not the boy next door which was literally amazing.
it was then rachel's turn and she decided to sing her favourite song don't rain on my parade from funny girl.

long story short she choked.

she had forgotten all the words and ended the song on her knees in tears.

i was nervous to say the least to perform, carmen tibideaux was a cold hearted bitch and i knew she wouldn't pity anyone, not even me.

i was looking to blaine throughout the song and was singing with a smile on my face, knowing that no matter if i get in or not i also applied to nyu and duke so i had some sort of safety net if nyada didn't work out.

"thank you chloe" the older lady spoke once i was finished. i gave a small wave before running off the stage to find rachel.

"rachel" i knocked on the door behind the stage to find the girl with her head in her hands, crying.

"go away" she sobbed, wiping her tears.

"no" i simply said before walking towards her and taking her hands in mine.
"rachel i promise you, this one mistake will not determine your life, okay"

"but i messed up the one thing that im good at, im a failure and i dont deserve anything good" rachel rambled through a stream of tears.

"stop, rachel, stop" i looked her in the eyes and she looked everywhere but mine.

"i messed it up" she sighed and i shook my head, knowing that she was rachel berry and she'd be alright.
"you were really good by the way, there's no chance you and kurt aren't getting in"

"i feel the same way about you rachel, i believe in you and even if you fell of the nyada stepping stone you know you'll get to broadway" i patted her shoulder before walking away.

"a big congrats to all our prom nominees! but, hey, listen up. we are all winners, because principal figgins asked new directions to sing again this year!" mr schue clapped at the front of the room and i did a drumroll on blaine's legs.