chapter thirty seven; shooting stars

TW: SCHOOL SHOOTINGS.

THE WORLD WAS ENDING

THE WORLD WAS ENDING. according to brittany at least.

"mr. shue, please stop talking." she stood up ay the front of the room with a serious look on her face.
"i have an announcement. i regret to inform you a deadly asteroid is headed our way. i'm naming this comet. tubbington-bopp, and it is headed straight for lima."

"wait, so is it an asteroid or a comet?" i asked confused as to what the girl was talking about.

"it's both." brittany stated.

"wouldn't NASA know something about this?" ryder asked and i turned to him, lowkey forgetting about his existence.

"we can't trust NASA. i mean, last month a meteor exactly like tubbington-bopp hit Russia with no warning at all." brittany continued confusing everyone even more.

"oh, so now it's a meteor?"

"that's right, artie, and when this meteorite hits, i will not be spending my time in this room preparing for regionals. i will be spending my last hours making amends with somebody who i need to get right with. someone who i love very much. lord tubbington. so go back to your homes and hide your wife, hide your kids and hide your wife. mckinley high, i salute you." she saluted before walking away, leaving us all questioning the girl.

"i'm really surprised that jesus christ superstar has chosen to end the world this way instead of the way he killed off the dinosaurs, which was a global yeast infection." brittany continued talking about her insane theory as we walked into the choir room.

"do you think god will let me be a girl angel in heaven?" unique asked hopefully.

"you're a girl angel on earth nothings going to change." i reassured her, earning a huge smile.

"wait, there are girl and boy angels? does that mean you can have angel sex?" sam asked and it grossed me out that that was the first thing he was thinking about.

"wanky." i still said despite whatever i was thinking.

"all right. show of hands. who's worried about. brittany's meteor/asteroid/comet prediction?" mr schue asked, only sam, brittany and i putting our hands up sheepishly.
"okay. well, here's how i see it. there are two possible outcomes. first, the meteor misses us and we go to regionals and we kick butt, which will only happen if we prepare. or we only have a few days to live and if that's the case, we need to say everything we need to say to the people we love. i can tell you from those couple of weeks where i couldn't talk to emma that there is nothing worse than unfinished business with the one you love.
and meteor or no meteor any moment you have with those people might be your last one. bruce springsteen always says that he plays every show as if it's his last, and that is the kind of urgency we need at regionals this year. so this week we're either gonna sing our last songs to each other or get in touch with what it feels like to do that. okay, everyone. let's make the most of it."

when mr schue was talking about singing to the ones you love i turned to blaine who knew i was looking at him and i also knew he was fighting all urges to look back.

"thanks for meeting me in here." i played the chords to the song i was going to play him as blaine walked in skeptically.

"why am i here?" he asked as he took a seat.

"i want to tell you something." this wasn't something that i would usually do, make the first move but with blaine everything felt right.

"well i wanted to play you something that pretty much expresses my feelings. oh and feel free to join in if you remember the words." i winked.

𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗹𝗼𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗱𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻

"sami." he laughed once we were finished.

"where did you even get that from?" i asked, once he had begun to sing with me he came and sat next to me, ending the song with our faces close together.

"what's your middle name?" he asked and it clicked.

"samantha." i replied and he nodded with a smile.

"ding ding ding." it was a little quiet but it was comfortable, feeling my heartbeat increasing what was the point of waiting any longer.

"blaine i want to be with you." i blurted out knowing it probably wasn't the right thing to say when i saw the look on his face.

he opened his mouth to speak but quickly jolted his head when people began to walk into the choir room, i closed my eyes and sighed as blaine walked over to sam and away from me.

"did you hear brittany's news, the worlds not ending!" unique cheered as she spun into the room and i threw my head into my hands.

"yes that's right, and that's why i brought coach beiste here for hopefully our last the world isn't ending celebration." mr schue smiled and then another idea came into my head, one way to get rid of one bit of embarrassment was to embarrass yourself more right?

without thinking i walked to the front of the room and took a deep breath. "i'm pregnant!" i yelled, watching everyone's faces fall, blaine turning pale. "haha i'm joking."

"chloe that's not funny." sam sighed, playfully throwing his bag at me but it missing my body and ending up in the middle of my face.

"sam!" i gasped as blood began to trickle down. it was stupid that he was the one that was worked up, it was literally impossible for it to be his.

"sorry." he muttered and i flipped him off before storming out of the room to clean myself up.

that was when the first gunshot occurred, i heard a couple screams as i began to loose all senses. deciding to run back to the choir room to just hide with everyone else but the door being locked. the bathroom was too far to get to and the janitors closet was open ajar so that was my hiding spot. once i had locked the door behind me the second gunshot hit. i felt around me for my bag before it soon hit me that i had left it into the choir room, i had left my everything in the choir room, my belongings and my people. this was when the panic settled it. i didn't want to risk death just to call finn or kurt to say goodbye, i just hoped everything would be alright and i wouldn't have to attended one of my favourite peoples funeral anytime soon. i looked around the janitors closet to see if there was anything i could lean on the door just incase anyone tried to barge in, there was only bottles of cleaner around so that would've been no use. i clapped my hands over my mouth when i heard footsteps outside the door, trying to make no noise as i sat down, back pressed against the wooden door.

after about ten minutes of silent panicking i heard someone yell clear. even the slightest chance of getting out of here was what motivated me, i wiped the tears that were quietly falling down my face i slowly stood up and skeptically opened the door, my heart falling to the floor when i saw the sight of the choir room lights back on.

i ran out of the closet and swung the door of its hinges, running straight into blaine's open arms and sobbing into them.

"mr schue couldn't find you, we thought you were dead." he whispered and i just clung to him tighter.

"i love you chloe, i don't know why i ever doubted it."

"i love you too blaine." i whispered back.

i speak!!- i hate this chapter because i feel like the writing is soooo low quality but it's too late to delete and rewrite so!!