chapter thirty eight; new opportunities

"WHAT ARE WE DOING?" i asked the boy who was currently lying at the foot of my bed playing with a stray gum wrapper

"that's the fifth time you've asked me in the past hour." he responded, again changing the subject.

"well when you give me an answer i'll stop asking." i digressed with a small smirk. "i want to be with you, you know that."

"i know, i just." he got up suddenly turning to face me. "i had this whole thing planned but i don't really think i can stall you any longer."

"whoops, you have to tell me now." i knew i was being annoying but i couldn't stand just being friends with him any longer.

"i'm going to need to borrow your guitar." he smirked, he knew damn well what he was doing.

𝗽𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻.

"blaine." i began but he put his hand up slightly to silence me.

"chloe, you know that we can't stay away from each other for too long, we were each others first everything and i'm always going to love you for that reason. i know this isn't as perfect as the first time we've had a love confession or the first time i asked you to be my girlfriend because you're in your pyjamas and i'm not wearing hair gel-"

"you look so much better without hair gel." i ran a hand through his product free hair with a smile on my face.

"whatever, what im trying to say is, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked and i nodded without hesitation.

"you could've just said yes when i asked you yesterday, then i wouldn't have told everyone i was pregnant." i changed my expression and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"you were acting weird last week." he surmised and i nodded in agreement.

"try having your brother ditch you for college again, get rejected by someone you thought you had a chance with and get trapped in the janitors closet during a school shooting." i shrugged and he put a hand on my knee.

"you can cross the second one off now." he tilted my head towards him before pressing his lips against mine, probably not wanting to hear me talk again.

"jacob." i sung, approaching the boy who groaned at my presence. "damn rude much."

"sorry i'm just in a bad mood, sam, no sorry evan tackled me to the floor because i was in his way when he was trying to do a quick change. also don't call me jacob." he slammed his locker shut.