chapter fifeteen; family line

"HOW COME I'VE NEVER MET YOUR PARENTS?" i said pulling my hair up into a ponytail

"do we have to talk about this right now" blaine groaned as i put down my blusher brush and turned to face him.

"we've been dating for two months now, you've met mom and burt countless times" i shrugged and blaine propped himself up on his elbow.

"is kurt dropping your cheerios uniform over?" he asked, changing the subject and i nodded.

"yeah, he's not an idiot though so you might want to re-gel your hair, a couple curls have come out" i smiled and he covered the top of his head.

"how do you feel?" he asked and i looked back at myself in the mirror.

"i don't know" i tilted my head.
"what about you?"

"im just so in love with you, that's all" he shrugged and i chuckled.

"i love you more" i replied with a smile on my face.

"what are you doing here?" rachel asked, as the new directions walked onto the stage the troubletones were already sitting on.

"hey blaine" i mouthed, giving a small wave to blaine who waved back.

"shelby told us she had something to show us. what are you doing here?" mercedes spat back.

"mr. shue said the same thing." finn said and santana stood up.

"let me guess, he wants to combine choirs for sectionals. well, it's not gonna happen. the trouble tones are here to stay. so why don't you shuffle your busted choir off our stage." she snarled as i got up and walked next to her.

"look, you guys, we can compete without being enemies." i tried to reason but after receiving multiple glares i put my hands up in defence and stood behind mercedes.

"chloe's right though, we don't have to get vicious." finn defended me and i gave him a small thumbs up.

"oh, i think we do, soft serve. see, the trouble tones are 3f: fierce, femme, phenomenal. oh, and, guys, hurry up, go get some moist towels. we have to keep finn wet before we can roll him back in the sea." santana snapped back.

"okay, you know what, santana, finn is in great shape, and your meanness only highlights your own personal insecurities." rachel said and santana tilted her head with a smile.

"and, rachel, your mustache is thicker than a middle eastern dictator's." she finished when mr schue and shelby came in, strumming on mr schues guitar and singing a mashup of two songs that were actually really good.

"shue, shelby, i think we can all admit that that was weirdly amazing. but what exactly was the point?" rachel asked once they were finished.

"that sometimes bringing together two conflicting things can create something totally unexpected." mr schue replied and mercedes slumped her shoulders.