3] Bridging the Divide.

Chapter Three: Bridging the Divide

Shubman approached Vaidehi, her figure silhouetted against the fading light as she sat alone on the bench. He could sense the walls she had built around her, but he refused to be deterred.

"If you’re here for Mr. Kohli, then go," Vaidehi said tersely, her tone icy and distant.

But Shubman remained undeterred, taking a seat beside her with a determined look in his eyes.

"Well, I’m here for you, Ms. Sharma," he said with a charming smile.

"Remember that day we met at the stadium? I promised that the next time we met, I’d know your name. So, hi, Vaidehi. It’s Shubman Gill."

Vaidehi’s expression softened slightly at Shubman’s persistence, but she quickly regained her composure.

"It’s Ms. Sharma for you," she replied coolly, her demeanor unwavering.

Shubman chuckled softly, undeterred by her frosty demeanor. "Fair enough," he said with a grin.

"But I hope you’ll forgive me if I continue to call you Vaidehi. It suits you better, don’t you think?" He asked.

Vaidehi’s lips quirked in spite of herself, a hint of amusement flickering in her eyes. "I suppose it does," she conceded, her tone softer than before.

Shubman sat beside Vaidehi, he couldn’t help but marvel at her beauty, even in the dimming light of the evening.

Her cold demeanor only seemed to add to her allure, and he found himself drawn to her in a way he couldn’t quite explain.

Virat bhai’s sister or not, at least I can try my luck with this beauty.

Shubman thought to himself with a playful grin, determined to break through Vaidehi’s icy exterior.

"So, Ms. Sharma," Shubman began, his tone light and teasing. "Do you always sit alone on park benches, or am I just lucky to catch you here today?"

Vaidehi raised an eyebrow, unimpressed by Shubman’s attempts at flirtation. "I prefer solitude over meaningless chatter," she replied dryly, her tone cutting.

Undeterred, Shubman leaned in closer, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Ah, but what if I promise that our conversation won’t be meaningless?" he countered, his grin widening. "I’m sure we could find something interesting to talk about."