20] Drunken Confessions.

Chapter Twenty: Drunken Confessions

Vaidehi's phone rang, and she glanced at the caller ID, expecting to hear Shubman's voice on the other end. However, when she answered the call, it was Ishan's slurred voice that greeted her instead.

"Hey, Vaidehi... it's me, Ishan," Ishan mumbled, his words slightly slurred from the effects of alcohol.

Concern flickered in Vaidehi's eyes as she heard Ishan's unsteady voice. "Ishan, are you okay? What's going on?" she asked, her tone filled with worry.

Ishan let out a drunken laugh, his words tumbling out incoherently. "I'm... I'm fine, Vaidehi. Just... having a bit of fun with the guys," he replied, his words punctuated by a hiccup.

Vaidehi sighed, realizing that Ishan had likely been drinking with Shubman and the others. "Ishan, where are you? Do you need me to come get you?" she asked, her voice tinged with concern.

There was a pause on the other end of the line before Ishan spoke again, his voice more subdued this time. "No, no... I'm with Shubman. We're at a bar nearby. Just... wanted to check in with you, that's all," he said, his words slurring slightly.

Vaidehi nodded, her worry deepening at the thought of Ishan and Shubman drinking together. "Okay, Ishan. Just make sure you stay safe, okay? And if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me," she said, her voice firm but caring.

"I will, Vaidehi. Thanks," Ishan replied, his voice sounding slightly more coherent now.

With a sigh, Vaidehi hung up the call, her mind racing with concern for Ishan and Shubman's well-being. She hoped they would be okay and silently prayed that they would make it home safely.

As Vaidehi hung up the call with Ishan, a sense of unease settled over her. Ishan's drunken state had left her feeling concerned, and she couldn't shake the feeling that they might need help. Without hesitation, she reached for her phone and opened the tracer app, a tool she often used in her line of work as an agent.

Quickly inputting Shubman's phone number into the app, Vaidehi watched as the map displayed his current location. Seeing that he was indeed at a bar nearby, she knew she had to act fast. Without a second thought, she grabbed her car keys and dashed out the door, her mind focused on reaching Shubman and Ishan before any harm could befall them.

As she drove towards the bar, Vaidehi's thoughts raced with worry. She hoped that Ishan and Shubman were alright, but she couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something wasn't right. With each passing moment, her concern grew, and she prayed that she would reach them in time to ensure their safety.

Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, she parked her car nearby and hurried inside, her senses on high alert as she searched for Ishan and Shubman amidst the crowd of people.