13] Decisions and Dinner Dates.

Chapter Thirteen: Decisions and Dinner Dates

In the morning light, Vaidehi approached Abhinav, a plate of Poha in hand. "Eat," she instructed, offering him the dish with a small smile.

Abhinav frowned, eyeing the food suspiciously. "I know about your gross cooking skills, Sharma," he remarked, his tone laced with skepticism.

Vaidehi chuckled softly, shaking her head. "Don't worry," she reassured him, setting the plate down in front of him. "I watched the YouTube video thrice. This Poha is guaranteed to be edible."

Abhinav raised an eyebrow, still unsure. "Well, in that case, I suppose I'll give it a try," he conceded, reaching for the fork reluctantly.

As he took a hesitant bite, Vaidehi watched with amusement, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "So, what's the verdict?" she asked, unable to contain her curiosity.

Abhinav chewed thoughtfully for a moment before nodding in approval. "Not bad, Sharma," he admitted, a hint of surprise in his voice. "You might just have a future as a chef."

Vaidehi grinned triumphantly, pleased with the unexpected praise. "Well, I'll take that as a compliment," she replied, her tone playful as she returned to her own breakfast, content in the knowledge that she had successfully conquered yet another culinary challenge.

"By the way, thanks, Abhinav," Vaidehi said, her tone sincere as she looked at him.

Abhinav raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Why?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"Because of you, I don't feel burdened under my secrets anymore," Vaidehi explained, a sense of relief evident in her voice. "I was worried about how I would tell them, but you did it for me."

Abhinav nodded slowly, understanding dawning in his eyes. "I suppose I did, didn't I?" he mused, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Well, you're welcome, Sharma. Consider it my contribution to your ongoing drama."

Vaidehi chuckled, shaking her head at his irreverent humor. "Thanks for your unique brand of help," she replied, her expression fond despite herself. "It's certainly been... interesting."

"How long do you plan to keep me here? I'm not spilling any information to you," Abhinav asked defiantly, his tone laced with skepticism.

Vaidehi regarded him coolly, her expression unreadable. "My job was to find you, that's all. What happens next, I'm not entirely sure," she replied evenly.

Abhinav scoffed, his eyes narrowing in suspicion. "So, what? You're just going to leave me here to rot?" he challenged.

Vaidehi shrugged nonchalantly, her demeanor unflappable. "That's not for me to decide," she said simply. "But I wouldn't count on anyone coming to your rescue anytime soon."

Abhinav's jaw clenched with frustration, but he knew there was little he could do in his current predicament. Resigned to his fate, he settled back against the wall, casting a wary glance at Vaidehi as she stood guard nearby.